Scubapro G250 Versions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
There was a recent thread on the internal differences of the different versions of the Scubapro S-600. I am getting ready to service my 8 G-250s and was wondering is there are outdated parts that should be updated (other than the poppets). Of my 8, 3 say graphite on them, 3 have the big S on the purge, one has the big G250 on it and one has a silver foil decal on it.

I also have a few G200B and a G200. Any changes with them over the years?

Thanks in advance.

G250s and G200B: S-wing poppet from S600
G200: duro poppet

I believe those are the only things that need to be updated.

Thanks for the reply, I was aware of the poppet changes. What got me thinking about this was I was watching the VDH repair video where Bryan serviced a G250 graphite version. The orifice looks to be metal. There is another G250 video on YouTube from Japan or China showing the service of G250 with the big S (the latter version) with a plastic orifice. So I am not sure if there were other changes like to the spring, lever, balance chamber etc.

S-wing poppet with seat and o-rings should be all you need. There are upgraded balance chambers, but the older versions work ok with the new poppet.

New version on the left.

251727-023cd6b11a253a4f0b98d35d9258f220.jpg

S-wing poppet with seat and o-rings should be all you need. There are upgraded balance chambers, but the older versions work ok with the new poppet.

New version on the left.

View attachment 465341

Thanks Couv! What about the orifice? As I mentioned previously in Bryan's video his graphite had a metal orifice. In this video it is metal. The other question is the diaphragms, is black or blue better or no difference?

What about the orifice?
Metal or plastic, although I prefer the metal. BTW www.vintagedoublehose.com has aftermarket metal orifices.
the diaphragms, is black or blue better or no difference?
Black, blue, red, teal, etc....No difference. The newer clear ones are shaped a little different, but work ok. A little gap between the diaphragm disc and lever is ok, in fact may be of some benefit; but I'm not too happy with the amount of gap the clear diaphragms have.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom