Scubapro G250V Diaphragm - Is this normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoumi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I originally posted this in the 'equipment of scuba/regulators' area, but one of the replies recommended I re-post in the scubapro forum, so here it is... (some mentioned maybe a lack of quality control in the manufacturing??)

Maybe a Scubapro tech can help with this question. I have a pair of brand new G250v regulators, and when looking at the blue coloured diaphragm inside the reg from the top cover holes, it looks slightly distorted. The blue diaphragm inside the reg is convex, but it is slightly distored as it curves down from the top of the purge button towards the outside edge of the reg. The distortion is a little more towards the edge, not near the top. Its not distored at all on the actual edge. It is only like this in some areas, others it is perfectly symetrical as it curves down towards the outer edge.

This is the same on both new G250v regs. Is this normal, or something that should be replaced/fixed? Should the diaphragm be perfectly symetrical the whole way around? Or is it normal to have a few distored areas?

See attached images, difficult to capture an image, but gives an idea.

Thanks for your input on this!

Attachments

• g250v-3.jpg
    g250v-3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 113
  • g250v-2.jpg
    g250v-2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 135
  • g250v-1.jpg
    g250v-1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 142
It looks like the diaphragm has some how been twisted by the retaining ring. You should probably take it to a Scubapro tech for service as that is not normal. Here's a diagram of the retaining ring (part #18). This ring holds the diaphragm in place in the regulator body. I'd also want to make sure no damage has resulted to the diaphragm, which your Scubapro tech can do.

G250.png

Last edited:
The difference you see in the diaphragm is normal and in no way interferes with the operation of the diaphragm. The diaphragm's job is to sense ambient pressure and transmit the pressure to the second stage valve via the lever. As depth increases, the pressure on the diaphragm increases and the pressure inside the second stage is equalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom