Scubapro G250V vs A700 for shallow warm, water diving - Any real difference??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but the A700 looks so cool. I don't dive deep (what ever that is. <100 for me) or cold...and I don't normally buy ScubaPro...but I do like that A700.

Yes it is :stirpot: + it looks cool and diving is about looking cool :cool2:

I would buy a A700 over a G250 any day!!

but the A700 looks so cool. I don't dive deep (what ever that is. <100 for me) or cold...and I don't normally buy ScubaPro...but I do like that A700.

Hey OldnSalty,
When I say shallow, I mean like less than 50 feet in the Florida Keys. Cruising Sombrero Reef off of Marathon kind of diving.

Hey OldnSalty,
When I say shallow, I mean like less than 50 feet in the Florida Keys. Cruising Sombrero Reef off of Marathon kind of diving.

Oh. That shallow and warm. Yea, you don't 'need it'. With that being said, I dive a pair of conshelfs...probably 35-40 years old that I paid about $30 for...not because I can't afford more but because I like them (see my avator-I like aqualung). If you are on a budget (and who isn't) then buy what you can afford (and if the difference in price will get you something else you like/need as well then even better for the less expensive reg).

Now if you say "But I vacation-in warmer/shallower spots" - then you still don't need it. If you say "But i have no desire to ever dive deep into cold caves" - Then you still don't need it...I suspect like most people you work hard for your money. If you want it, get it. It is your cash, no need to justify.

Honestly, if my wife tells me tonight that she wants a newer reg we will be at the LDS and the A700 will be the first one I show her...and she doesn't need one either.

:)

The retail price difference is $170. Over a period of time ( yrs. ), it is not much money. It is more about which one suits you.

The G250V is a very smooth easy breathing reg. It is a big bigger. Does that matter to you?

Both have a retro look. The A700 is a bit heavier and perhaps breaths not as dry due to the condensation, more metal ( not external water ). Is that important to you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom