Closed Scubapro G500 2nd stage - $150

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geo7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all, up for sale is a Scubapro G500 2nd stage:

It is the (highly praised) original 1997 US made version with the curious metal reinforcement inside the case.

Nice clean condition, works great.

It had the old style poppet and the original, non-adjustable pneumatic chamber. But I installed a modern S-wing poppet with fresh seat, and also the second generation pneumatic chamber that is adjustable. Works great, just took it on a dive this weekend. You can back-convert to original 1997, but of course the old poppets aren't around (or does VDH have an analogous product?).

Also, this S/N is included in the recall of the VIVA vane. I'll include a brandnew vane, but have not installed it as the original one seems solid and locked well in place. Comes with original hose, but with Atomic hose protector and Atomic octo mouthpiece.

$ 150 and we split shipping to CONUS.

PayPal is fine though I'd kindly ask buyers to cover fees or use PP friends.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_4026.JPG
    IMG_4026.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4027.JPG
    IMG_4027.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4028.JPG
    IMG_4028.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4032 1.JPG
    IMG_4032 1.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4033 1.JPG
    IMG_4033 1.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 127
They sure did a good job with this one in 1997. I read Dean Garaffa (former Scubapro engineer and Atomic co-founder) was responsible, and if you put an Atomic next to it, the similarities inside-out are fascinating. I wish we had more rubbery black regs that age so well, instead of the metal cosmetics that serve no structural function like on the S600 that scratch easily (the G260 retaining ring is great though as it adds stability).

Just for curiosity I've checked availability on covers. You know where I am if you buy it and want anything.
FWIW, I checked with you about G500 covers a while back and they were NLA.

I have a couple G500s, including the version offered here by Geo7. Need to replace a cover that has a dent from poor storage by a previous owner.

FWIW, I checked with you about G500 covers a while back and they were NLA.

I have a couple G500s, including the version offered here by Geo7. Need to replace a cover that has a dent from poor storage by a previous owner.

I ask so many things I forget. Guess the reply I get will be "NLA".

Just for curiosity I've checked availability on covers. You know where I am if you buy it and want anything.
Thanks Simon! I most likely will take u up on that. But first, Cozumel trip in 3 days. I need some dive therapy after 2020. **** year for the both of us.

Dumb question for u. Why did you mention about covers/face plates right away? From the pictures the cover seems to be in good shape. I know they changed the cover after 97. Is that what you are referring to?

Back
Top Bottom