Scubapro Galileo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As @KenGordon (?) put it elsethread you're trying to fit a curve by two points. Or however many they picked for no apparent reason.

Obviously the numbers will differ, if they didn't they'd all be the same computer. Since these are curves, there'll be sections where they differ the most and ones where they differ the least. Do you think they know which sections their chosen points are in? For any given pair of computers they "tested".

Getting the actual curves plotted is of course difficult: you'd probably have to film the dials on a gopro and have an intern transcribe the numbers from the footage...

I mean, seriously. How hard is it to download the logs and see if the profiles computer think they were diving are the profiles the testers think they were diving? There may have been a screwed-up test or a faulty sensor, we'll never know. How hard is it to spend a couple of hours with software of your choice and run your profiles through ZHL and VPM so you'd have at least a reproducible reference point?

Utter rubbish.

Hi,

I just noticed that a new firmware for the G2 has been released, V1.3. A usual no release notes from SP.

RolMar

Thanks for the heads up.
yeah, no surprise that there are no release notes...

The languages file was updated too.. (and inside the zip the folder is called "langages G2 wrist". I don't have old zip file, but I think the wrist is new - to distinguish from the console model.

/daz

I wrote an e-mail to the support team regarding release notes and they replied with general improvements, etc..
RolMar

In my opinion: definitely. Improvements probably means also bug fixing. I did the update yesterday and will go diving this weekend (I borrowed the G2 from a friend).
RolMar

Just checking if we have any updates on what was in 1.3? Hopefully, they made the safety stop start just below 15ft without necessarily hitting 15ft for the timer to start.

Just checking if we have any updates on what was in 1.3? Hopefully, they made the safety stop start just below 15ft without necessarily hitting 15ft for the timer to start.
I find myself activating the safety stop timer once I get shallower than 20 ft. That’s how my Suunto Vyper worked and makes more sense since the safety stop continues as long as you’re in the 20-10 ft band. It’s mostly an issue in shore dives where you spend some time in that shallow area between 15-20 ft.

So you prefer to do it on your own? The strict 15ft auto start and when the reser timer when you go past 20ft even just for a sec

So you prefer to do it on your own? The strict 15ft auto start and when the reser timer when you go past 20ft even just for a sec
I prefer the Suunto system that automatically starts the safety stop timer at less than 20 ft and continues as long as you stay in the 20-10 ft band. That’s why I activate the G2 timer manually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom