Scubapro Glide Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevis Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Problem with my Scubapro Glide Plus BC is that the shoulder straps will not stay where I put them. After pulling them down no matter what movement I make with my shoulders they loosen.

Anyone else having this problem?

Chris

You really should contact your dealer so they can contact ScubaPro, Scubapro will most certainly resolve your issue, but they need to know about these sort of problems, so they can document that with their materials selections. The problem could be that it is the wrong size for you also. I would be interested to know more specificly what size BC you have, what thickness of wetsuit you wear and your upper body dimensions. Give us some more specifics please

Hmm... I have a Glide Plus, and I have never had any problems like that at all. In fact other than one small leak where the inflator attached, I have not had any problems with my Glide Plus.

Wait . . . not true. It doesn't get wet as often as I would like it to. I guess I can't blame the MFG for that though. . .

Wristshot

Hey, I thought I was the only one. Not a real popular BC. I've only seen one other like it. I love mine actually. I guess it's not very helpful to say I haven't had any problems either.

Are you sure teh straps are threaded through the clips properly? It works on the same principle as a backpack strap so if it's on there correctly you shouldn't have any slippage.

I have one too and have never had any problems with it at all. Get with a Scubapro dealer, I'm sure they'll make it right.

JustinW:
You really should contact your dealer so they can contact ScubaPro, Scubapro will most certainly resolve your issue, but they need to know about these sort of problems, so they can document that with their materials selections. The problem could be that it is the wrong size for you also. I would be interested to know more specificly what size BC you have, what thickness of wetsuit you wear and your upper body dimensions. Give us some more specifics please

5' 9' - 5' 10"
175-180 lbs.
Usually a 6.5 farmer john, Akona
44" chest

Nevis Diver:
5' 9' - 5' 10"
175-180 lbs.
Usually a 6.5 farmer john, Akona
44" chest
and what size BC going with all of this?

I thought of another thing, you of course have a proper BC hanger as any self respecting diver does, if not, shhh don't tell anyone and quietly get one. Then, adjust your BC on you dry, then hang the BC on the hanger and store as usual. The webbing will form into the ladder-loc (actual name for the webbing strap). Once the webbing forms into the ladder-loc it will be less resistant to movement, My BC uses the exact same buckles and same webbing, so I understand your concerns. If all else fails, see your dealer, although i would at least mention it to them now.

jiveturkey:
Are you sure teh straps are threaded through the clips properly?
(I wondered the same thing, but I didn't want to insult anyone's intelligence)

Remember, stuff happens, and the one thing that you KNOW can't be the problem, often ends up being the problem.

W

It is size medium. I am doing my advanced certification this week end so I'll get the dealer to look at it. Theway the loops are on the webbing seems to indicate that unless the factory threaded it wrongly, it must be right. Thaks for the help. I'll keep everyone posted (I know no one will sleep until I get the answer!)

Back
Top Bottom