Scubapro GO Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the report! I thought they will be shorter fins but I guess they aren't. I can't wait to get mine (in yellow). I'll be comparing them to the AquaLung and Mares Quattros.
Would be interested to hear your comparison as i am trying to debate fins currently and the quattros are still on the list (debating how short/if i should go travel or closer to jet, or middle of the line with quattros....so all of them basically)

Would be interested to hear your comparison as i am trying to debate fins currently and the quattros are still on the list (debating how short/if i should go travel or closer to jet, or middle of the line with quattros....so all of them basically)
I have the Quattros. They’re great fins, but they’re long. Barely fit in my luggage, which makes them a struggle to bring. Given I do most of my diving while traveling, I wish I’d gone with a shorter fin.

But I am faster now than my girlfriend who uses rental fins, so there are some perks.

Just purchased the yellow ones in size L. 11.5 shoes size. Fit is great with 5mm structured sole boot. I am coming from Mares Excel +. These are significantly shorter than my Mares 6 inches or so. Kick easier, feel very light in the water and are more maneuverable. Only have a hand full of dives on them but am really enjoying so far. Been pleased both in frog, flutter kick and back kick. Not quite the control of my mares but I think partly is due to simply getting used to them.

Matt

Could you weigh your GS? Do you know their buoyancy? Are they negative?
My XL GS come in at 3.6 lb, they are positive buoyancy in my pool but don’t know if I can come up with a figure of how buoyant but I’ll see if I can get a questimate later today.

Put in a couple fresh water dives today, trialing the Go Sports. Going into it, I was hopeful but not convinced I would like them. As a long time user of Slipstreams and a fan of stiff blade fins for the precision and power they can provide, I noticed the Go Sports being a little bit flexible/softer. Not as soft as Quattros, which I put a couple hundred dives on at one point and then switched to Slipstreams for the increased stiffness. I have heavy legs, and that is big factor in why I was looking at the Go Sports.

Two good dives, I can certainly see them being my travel fins and possibly everyday fins. No chance to test them in current yet, but on a laid back lake dive they were as nice overall as any fin I have used. My kick is 85% frog kick styles, with flutter used primarily in current. Subjectively, frog and helicopter performed to 90-100% of slipstreams and back kick maybe a tad less but good enough (not that I am great at back kick). Flutter was more comfortable, just not yet sure if they can generate the response to a forceful flutter in current that the slipstream can.

Perhaps tomorrow, I can run a test on buoyancy in fresh water with a barrel of water and a collection 1-2 oz weights.

Took some of our fins and dunked them in a barrel of fresh water to check buoyancy. If positive, added weight until fin went neutral.

Go Sport (bungee straps). Size L is 4 oz positive, Size SM is 3 oz positive. @blake7
Deep 6 Eddy (steel straps) Size L and SM neutral.
Slipstream (rubber strap) Size L slightly negative(guessing 1-2 oz negative)
Quattro (steel strap) Size SM negative (guessing 2-3 oz negative)

No it stretches a lot, they may offer different sizes but I have also thought about trying something like what I have on the Eddy fins. I wish they had used the post type of attachment, it’s not as compact but it would be nice if you could use bungee from the nova’s.

If you're referring to plastic post attachment as in Mares fins I hate those. I have a Mares Power Plana for my drysuit and on the way out from beach dives the strap comes off the post. I like the positive screwed in strap system of the Hollis F1 and the Eddy Fin. I don't want to have to worry about the fin strap coming off the fin when I'm removing the fin in the water.

If you're referring to plastic post attachment as in Mares fins I hate those. I have a Mares Power Plana for my drysuit and on the way out from beach dives the strap comes off the post. I like the positive screwed in strap system of the Hollis F1 and the Eddy Fin. I don't want to have to worry about the fin strap coming off the fin when I'm removing the fin in the water.
Never had an issue like that, Scubapro nova bungee straps work great on the post type attachment but the gosport uses something closer to the screw type and can probably use a screw in place of the plastic pin, I hope I don’t need to make the mod but ready to if necessary.

I finally received my SP GO Sport XL YELLOW fins after a long shipping route from France to Tripoli. I'll have the chance to try them in the coming couple of weeks I hope. I'll compare them to the Mares Quattros, AL slingshot and probably the SP JetFins. I may go different fin on each foot to check if there are differences. First YELLOW fins ever :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom