Scubapro GO Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just returned from Curacao where I tested my new GS Sports for 10 dives. I was very impressed with them for their small size. I am used to diving the Avanti Quattros which to me are very powerful fins and these little guys were in my estimation about 85% as powerful frog kicking. They were fairly explosive when scissor kicking and did a very nice job back finning. Where these fins really shined for me was working in the coral nurseries. Small and fairly powerful in tight quarters was very nice indeed.

I finally received my SP GO Sport XL YELLOW fins after a long shipping route from France to Tripoli. I'll have the chance to try them in the coming couple of weeks I hope. I'll compare them to the Mares Quattros, AL slingshot and probably the SP JetFins. I may go different fin on each foot to check if there are differences. First YELLOW fins ever :)

Have you tried them out? I'm curious to hear your comparison.

View attachment 523910 My new first choice fins, these have the same foot pocket as the Nova’s so they say, seems accurate. For my size 15 feet this foot pocket is perfect, overall opening is like the XL eddy but the open toe lets more foot in the pocket. View attachment 523911With the eddy my toe hit the end, deep six doesn’t claim they will fit me but I’ve been using them for a few years. View attachment 523920
The SP offers me more foot support, about 95% of the eddy thrust with a frog kick and about 140% more in a flutter kick. Leg fatigue is about 30% less with the SP.
overall fin is very similar in sizeView attachment 523921View attachment 523922
View attachment 523923

The SP GS has some tip flex that has a lot to do with the ease of use in a flutter kick and a bit of snap at the end of the stroke. In the frog kick it has a slight tip flex. I don’t know how they will hold up overall but so fat no complaints. A good fit and pretty amazing performance for such a light fin, price is also not nuts, I have a second pair in yellow coming.

Do you use a boot with them?

I got a pair I use for tropical dives and pool "dives," going barefoot all the time. I haven't had any blister issues as I often would with heel cup styles or even a boot and cold water fin. (When I'm doing dives over many days in a row, I used to wear socks to prevent blisters; don't need them with the Go fins.)

Do you use a boot with them?

I got a pair I use for tropical dives and pool "dives," going barefoot all the time. I haven't had any blister issues as I often would with heel cup styles or even a boot and cold water fin. (When I'm doing dives over many days in a row, I used to wear socks to prevent blisters; don't need them with the Go fins.)
With the go sport I use a boot, the flexible foot pocket allows me to use from 3mm boots up to drysuit boots, with the regular go I use a neoprene sock for multi day diving.

Have you tried them out? I'm curious to hear your comparison.

Unfortunately, not yet. They are still in the box waiting to be used. I merely fondle them every now and then fantasizing about the moment when I am finally "in" but it hasn't happened yet.

Took some of our fins and dunked them in a barrel of fresh water to check buoyancy. If positive, added weight until fin went neutral.

Go Sport (bungee straps). Size L is 4 oz positive, Size SM is 3 oz positive. @blake7
Deep 6 Eddy (steel straps) Size L and SM neutral.
Slipstream (rubber strap) Size L slightly negative(guessing 1-2 oz negative)
Quattro (steel strap) Size SM negative (guessing 2-3 oz negative)
What is the size difference between the Go Sport and Eddy fun’s in a SM?
Thanks

The other thing I'm curious about something else also, according to their size chart I will use the same size for drysuit and wetsuit.

I decided to try a pair out today. Very good for the frog and flutter kick. I'm not very good at back kick but had some success with them, helicopter was a breeze. Light weight which
I liked.

Overall first impression very good fin.

Has anyone tried the Travel version of these with boots at all? I normally use Avanti Quattro Excels but am planning a trip next spring and there is no way those big boys are going in my luggage. Will be doing mostly shore diving so will be packing my Mares Classic 5mm boots for scrambling in and out. The Sport version here is literally twice the price of the Travel, so dont want to go for the sport if there's no meaningful difference.

Back
Top Bottom