ScubaPro goes Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to read your review and comparison. The first obvious comparison for me is the "smoothness" and "subtlety" of the venturi effect in the Atomic vs. the SP. As you know, the Venturi is automatically controlled in the Atomic second stage. It opens up to the fully open position at around 20 meters. I can sense that gradual change in the venturi effect.

I am definitely looking forward to comparing them. But, I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to do a thorough and proper comparison. As you imply, I need to go deeper than normal training depths to give them a good comparison. And, these days, I am generally only diving OC during training - so, not deep. But, I might take a special trip out to the lake where I can at least get to 27m (90') or so, just to get in with my doubles and see how they do.

I am definitely looking forward to comparing them. But, I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to do a thorough and proper comparison. As you imply, I need to go deeper than normal training depths to give them a good comparison. And, these days, I am generally only diving OC during training - so, not deep. But, I might take a special trip out to the lake where I can at least get to 27m (90') or so, just to get in with my doubles and see how they do.

Is your Tech. diving these days ccr only no oc?

Is your Tech. diving these days ccr only no oc?

Pretty much. I may do one OC tech weekend trip in the next 2 months (which mean at least a couple of work-up practice weekends on OC), but if I do it will only be to dive a specific wreck that is deeper than my current cert limit for CCR. I'm aiming to get to my next level of CCR cert before the end of the year. Once my CCR limit is at least equal to my OC limit, I will be done diving OC for tech.

Pretty much. I may do one OC tech weekend trip in the next 2 months (which mean at least a couple of work-up practice weekends on OC), but if I do it will only be to dive a specific wreck that is deeper than my current cert limit for CCR. I'm aiming to get to my next level of CCR cert before the end of the year. Once my CCR limit is at least equal to my OC limit, I will be done diving OC for tech.

Is your ability to move to the next ccr cert is based on certain number of diving hours on the current cert?

Is your ability to move to the next ccr cert is based on certain number of diving hours on the current cert?

I need 50 hours on the loop before I can do the next level. I've been working too many weekends, so I'm not there yet. :(

I've been working too many weekends

You need to get your priorities straight my friend, this is no way to live :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom