• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor

Discussion in 'SCUBAPRO' started by TommyBlackdog, Aug 13, 2017 at 12:39 AM.

1. TommyBlackdog

TommyBlackdog Garibaldi

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hey, any one out there having issues with the Scubapro Heart Rate monitor?
    The new heart rate monitor I got with my G2 goes into a flat line at about 78-80BPM a few minutes into each dive then starts up again a few minutes from the end of the dive. I checked it with my Mantis today and the same thing happened.
    The HRM is the new one with the changeable battery which I have changed and there's no change.
    I'd upload screen shots from logtrak but I can't seem to see how to do that. I'm a newbie to this forum.

I used the original HRM with my Galileo and there was never the same issue. If there was a loss of signal it would just not record any data for that period. The new one seems to lock in a value and stay there for the duration of the dive.

2. Hatul

Hatul Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    It may not be the problem,but make sure the strap is quite tight on your chest. I've had issues with erratic readings when the strap was loose.

3. CZS

CZS Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Like Hatul mentioned, be sure and check the tightness of the monitor. I was having something similar happening and eventually just tried replacing the battery which fixed things right up. I know it shouldn't need a new battery yet, but who know how long they've been installed during production/etc.

4. TommyBlackdog

TommyBlackdog Garibaldi

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hi, tried the battery already but still same problem. I'll try tightening it up and see what happens. Scubapro have offered me a new HRM as well. Cheers for the input.