Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know contact is not the problem because when I saw no reading on my G2 I pressed the transmitter against my chest and it made no difference. Also the gel will get washed away under water.
Where exactly are the contacts on the transmitter?

Same for me, 5 dives here at Curacao with only a 2 mm shorty and non of the dives had a complete reading of heart rate and body temp.
I have the belt rather tight on my body, I will try to put the G2C closer to the belt on the left side of my BCD on the next couple of dives, maybe it's a distance problem.
Wrote an E-mail to Scubapro, no answer yet.
upload_2018-9-18_4-29-25.png

upload_2018-9-18_4-30-40.png

Just got a new G2. Can someone point me to more detailed info about setting up workload than contained in the Scubapro manual?

Just got a new G2. Can someone point me to more detailed info about setting up workload than contained in the Scubapro manual?

I've looked high and low for more info about this, I've also looked at other computers and why they do what they do with different settings.

The workload feature is either on or off as I remember it, I don't have my computer with me. It may also say to take breathing? into play or not also - I just forget. There is another setting called breathing rate that factors in there too - I just forget if it's at the workload screen or not, breathing rate does have it's own setting.

The jist of what they are doing behind the scenes is taking your heart rate and breathing rate into account when calculating tissue loading (figuring out where you are at for your no decompression limit) - the more you work such as swimming in a current, the more blood flow you have, the more on gassing you'll have, which directly effects where you are at in the whole NDL scheme of things.

How much it effects the math (what your NDL is) is for Scuba Pro only to know, they don't publicly say how this happens.

I had that feature turned on at first, I'm an old man and wanted to make sure I lived another day but the dang heart rate monitor is so buggy that I turned it off. The diving I've done, I don't see any noticeable change although you'd really have to dive them side by side to know.

In two weeks, I'm going to dive a Peridix side by side with the G2 at different MB settings just for curiosity sake.

I don't own a G2, but just looking at the graphs, to me it looks like a pressure related issue. As you dive deeper, water pressure compresses the battery compartment. This compression then deforms the battery connector to such an extent that is disconnects (stops touching) from the battery causing the flatline. As you surface, water pressure is reduced and the connecter reconnects to the battery.

The battery itself is ok, but when the diver replaces it with a new battery, he repositions it in such a way that it makes a better connection than the original installation. Because the battery is user replaceable, the battery chamber in the new Scubapro heart rate monitor may be a little larger than the Polar T31 which was completely sealed. If it is a little larger, then it contains more air and hence more susceptible to compression. Also the Polar T31 plastic/rubber casing may have been better/stronger built and therefore not subject to water compression deformation.

I don't own a G2, but just looking at the graphs, to me it looks like a pressure related issue. As you dive deeper, water pressure compresses the battery compartment. This compression then deforms the battery connector to such an extent that is disconnects (stops touching) from the battery causing the flatline. As you surface, water pressure is reduced and the connecter reconnects to the battery.

The battery itself is ok, but when the diver replaces it with a new battery, he repositions it in such a way that it makes a better connection than the original installation. Because the battery is user replaceable, the battery chamber in the new Scubapro heart rate monitor may be a little larger than the Polar T31 which was completely sealed. If it is a little larger, then it contains more air and hence more susceptible to compression. Also the Polar T31 plastic/rubber casing may have been better/stronger built and therefore not subject to water compression deformation.
You may be on the right track with your explanation, because after changing battery in the strap for the second time the HR is reading fine.

bought a new heart rate monitor and still the same problem, signal is lost during the dive . the old polar t31 belt never lost signal. Also logTrak 1.6.0.1 won't install in my win 10 pc although I' ve installed latest java version

I still think it is pressure related if it works in shallow depths and flatlines in deeper water as per post 32 . If you open the battery compartment ensure there is an o ring between the battery and cap. If there is, try reseating the battery, o ring and cap to see if that corrects the problem. I wonder if the o ring actually needs to be a bit thicker or a smaller o ring to sit inside the larger one? Something to fill the chamber to reduce any pressure deformation.
HRM.PNG

??? It's not an O-ring between the cap and the battery, the O-ring is there solo for the sealing and sits between the cap and the housing.
The cap pushes on the battery to keep it in position and if it's a pressure related thing the water pressure should only pushes the battery further down in the case I guess.
I received a complete new heartbeat band but haven't been diving after that :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom