Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD - Monoprene attachment hole ripped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to @softgrapes I realize I have the old strap style. Currently on my way to a dive vacation with them. Hopefully they survive. When I get back can I just go to local Dive shop and them for the upgraded/newer straps?

Thanks

Is scubapro giving out replacements before a problem occurs free of charge? Or do you have them rip/tear first?

I received the revised straps

How did you get the "revised" straps? I am still not having issues, but if SP has a revised part, they've conceded it is a known problem. Thanks for the info!

Is scubapro giving out replacements before a problem occurs free of charge? Or do you have them rip/tear first?

Check the serial number of your Hydros Pro. It’s on a white fabric strip inside the right rear trim pocket. Your LDS can call up Tech Services and they will send a pair of free replacement straps if warranted.

Check the serial number of your Hydros Pro. It’s on a white fabric strip inside the right rear trim pocket. Your LDS can call up Tech Services and they will send a pair of free replacement straps if warranted.

According to SP after giving them my serial # mine don't need replacing, but they look just the same as Softgrapes' pre-change pic. Guess they'll just have to break first.

According to SP after giving them my serial # mine don't need replacing, but they look just the same as Softgrapes' pre-change pic. Guess they'll just have to break first.

I received new straps from SP. There seemed to be no reason to change but I wanted to install new d-rings anyway. IIRC, there was absolutely no way of knowing which ones I had originally by looking at them. I do not treat this BCD any differently to any other. I use it with a steel 117 and after about 250 dives, it shows no sign of stress or deterioration (and I look carefully!).

Thanks to @softgrapes I realize I have the old strap style. Currently on my way to a dive vacation with them. Hopefully they survive. When I get back can I just go to local Dive shop and them for the upgraded/newer straps?
Thanks

I called the shop I bought the BC from, they talked to SP and asked for pictures of the straps and a picture of the SN. A couple of days later they received the parts from SP and shipped them to me.

How did you get the "revised" straps? I am still not having issues, but if SP has a revised part, they've conceded it is a known problem. Thanks for the info!

Exactly, the fact they have a revised strap means they have acknowledged the original design has a problem. It wouldn't be too hard to argue that in order to get replacements even if your old ones have not broken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom