Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD - Monoprene attachment hole ripped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. I have one and the problem is that it rides unbalanced. Air migrates unevenly to one side causing the diver to ride unevenly in the water. I first saw this when the BC was first released. The bungees do not effectively shut the available space evenly.

My solution was to tighten the bungees and use the absolute minimum amount of air necessary. Have not had a problem since I understood what is going on. I still have not seen a SP modified BC that claims to address the problem. I just ordered two and will report back when I get them.

I've got about 40 dives on my hydros2, as well as uneven movement of air, I've also had being 'trapped' in one part of the wing by the bungees i.e. I go from head down to head up and there is no air to dump from the shoulder valve, I have to use the kidney dump. I also feel and hear air moving when I am flat. Thought air was escaping from the valve first time I heard it. The wing is too big, and just a floppy bag

I just saw a brand new one and could discern no real differences between the original and this new one especially WRT the bungees on the wing. I'm going to call SP and see what they say.

I just saw a brand new one and could discern no real differences between the original and this new one especially WRT the bungees on the wing. I'm going to call SP and see what they say.
Can you ask what the red ring around the shoulder pull dump assembly signifies? I have seen models with this red ring and models without it.

Dang. SP sent my LDS a BRAND NEW Hydros BC yesterday. I looked at it today and saw none of the “promised” updates. Then I checked the serial number tag on the BC. Over 16 months old. They’re still shipping old BCs from stock to stores. So I can’t help.

Glad that it wasn’t for me. I’d be pissed.

I used hydros for several trip, and sometime during surface, after i inflate BCD, my BCD lifted up and it s not comfortable on choppy water. my friend who already used hydros, said that i need to use crotch strap.
Anybody have experience using it? at the time, i m not using pocket weight, but weight belt.

I used hydros for several trip, and sometime during surface, after i inflate BCD, my BCD lifted up and it s not comfortable on choppy water. my friend who already used hydros, said that i need to use crotch strap.
Anybody have experience using it? at the time, i m not using pocket weight, but weight belt.
I personally think that crotch straps are excellent on any BCD. When the Hydros was first released one of the accessories listed as "coming later" was a crotch strap. They released color kits, "ninja" pockets, bungees, and knife mounts...but no crotch strap. It is no longer listed as an option to be released.

Reactions: Gun
I got the Dive Rite 2" crotch straps and it has made a big difference in my option, and yes especially after the dive... Just get a cheap one if anything and try, might set you back like $10.

Reactions: Gun
Would you guys recommend a Hydros to anyone?
I really wanted a Hydros but I am changing my mind very quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom