Scubapro Hydros Pro Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all of this talk about food, I am officially very hungry now. I am going to go make some backed chicken with spicy Libyan sauce.

(Spicy Libyan sauce, something neither Turks or Greeks can handle).
Where can I find a good recipe for Spicy Libyan Sauce?
I am a spicy food aficionado.
You wouldn’t think so me being 1/2 Swede, 1/4 Russian, 1/8 Polish, and 1/8 Swiss, but I am.

No because Greeks don’t claim inventing that. It is funny to see Greeks (I am half Greek) and Turks argue over coffee and other dishes that all have Arab origin.

Well, according the movie Greeks invented everything.

But now I get it. Isn't there a little island somewhere...

Well, according the movie Greeks invented everything.
According to Mr. Panos actually.....

:hijack: Off topic, sorry.
With all of this talk about food, I am officially very hungry now. I am going to go make some backed chicken with spicy Libyan sauce.

(Spicy Libyan sauce, something neither Turks or Greeks can handle).
Filfel chuma , maseer or Salata mashwiya ? Yum.

@signal18

one thing I recommend considering and I should have said it earlier. Are the straps/buckles strong enough to pick up any bcd loaded with a steel cylinder and weights (could have integrated weights and/or trim pockets on the cylinder straps, you get the idea).

If yes, then great! If no, then... not so great.

I spent a week at a resort last year where we had to lift and move our weighted and tanked BCDs a few times for each dive. (onto and off flatbed truck for transport to and from dive site) I was using the lift handle built into the backplate of the hydros pro to lift it with and after a few days managed to break the plastic insert that crosses between the shoulder strap connection points.

@signal18

one thing I recommend considering and I should have said it earlier. Are the straps/buckles strong enough to pick up any bcd loaded with a steel cylinder and weights (could have integrated weights and/or trim pockets on the cylinder straps, you get the idea).

If yes, then great! If no, then... not so great.

A good question-- time will tell on this one.

Separately-- I went back to the shop today to try on the medium with my wetsuit, and it looked like the small does hit me better in a couple of places vs. the medium, so I'm going to stick with the small for now. The guys who I've been dealing with at the shop said they were so confident about small vs. medium that they'd let me dive the small and return it for a medium, but not vice versa. So here we are. :cool:

I'll hopefully be getting into the water this coming week, so I'll report back with any new impressions.

Again, thank you to everyone for all of the input!

A good question-- time will tell on this one.

:cool:

I have a 3-day trip to the Red Sea coming up this Tuesday-Friday, so I'll report back with any new impressions.

Also, I may or may not have come out of the shop with a D420/Mk 25...but I think that's another story for another thread. :oops:

Again, thank you to everyone for all of the input!

You lucky ...... Enjoy.

Newb here!
I think I'm 'sold' on the Hydros Pro for all the reasons. This would be my first BC and plan to keep er' for a looong time. I'm 5'10" / ~185 so I fall between Med and Large per their sizing. Anyone with similar stats who can point me in the right direction? I'm leaning toward the Med for streamlining, but wouldn't want to back myself into a corner if diving with 7mm. Any advice is appreciated!

Newb here!
I think I'm 'sold' on the Hydros Pro for all the reasons. This would be my first BC and plan to keep er' for a looong time. I'm 5'10" / ~185 so I fall between Med and Large per their sizing. Anyone with similar stats who can point me in the right direction? I'm leaning toward the Med for streamlining, but wouldn't want to back myself into a corner if diving with 7mm. Any advice is appreciated!

I would go for the bigger size if I am in between sizes.

Many thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom