Scubapro jet fins vs. ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XxDiveLifexX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to get into cave diving and wreck diving. I know 2 totally different worlds with different gear. My question is I don't have a prob with trim I dive a dive right trans pac with 2lbs weight on my shoulders because my feet like to sink (diving mach 2 turbo d's scuba I think) if I went with jet fins would they be to heavy and bring my feet back down or would dive rite be a better option. Thanks in advanced

I will be writing a review soon, buit I am very happy with my Apeks RK3 fins. They are similar to jet fins in design bit weigh much less. I dive warm water and seldom wear a wetsuit and the jet fins were not for me.

Last edited:
I see divers trying to change their trim with different types of fins.

I suggest you find a set of fins you really like than play with trim.

I use SP Jets...but how I configure my weights are all different for my BP/W in single, doubles, sidemount and BCD. Then you throw in either a wetsuit or drysuit and it changes again.

had my doubts, and not entirely sure it makes sense.
Been diving all week with the following config
PST E8-130's
3" Highland bands
Halcyon Manifold
Poseidon 2960/Jetstreams
O'Three 6x5 Wetsuit and/or Oceanic 5/4mm Wetsuit
DSS long pattern Kydex plate
DSS 49lb wing
NRS Wetshoes

Dove with XXL Jet Fins on the first couple days and my XXL Deep6 fins on the last couple days. No issues with trim on either of them, and the Deep6 fins are much stiffer so I have a lot more power/control when diving. I'll be teaching for the next week as well and will continue to dive the Deep6's with the Jet Fins staying as backups/loaners

There are some threads on SB and probably cave diving forums about this. You're not alone in searching for fins that are 'like' jets but less negative, and it's certainly valid IMO to adjust your trim via fin choice. Anyhow, you're going to end up wanting to try some different fins, so the best thing is to try to borrow sets if you can.

I use jets with doubles, but they would be too heavy for me in single tanks, right now I use mares avanti quattros with single tanks and I mostly like them. (I love the full foot ones when I don't need to protect my feet with booties)

There's lots of buzz about the deep six fins these days, you might search around for those.

I bought slipstream when they hit the market and loved them, until I try the Deep 6, now are on the shelf, so give a try to Eddy Fins they are very lightweight that float.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom