Scubapro M25 s600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skibikeswim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is $800 a good price for a new Scubapro regulator, M25/s600 Titan brand new? I read reviews and it seems like an exceptional model. I believe it's last year's model. Where the discrepancy is coming from is Scubapro is listing it at $784, LeisurePro at $2200, and the box states $1172.

The MK25/s600 is a great regulator. Your description of the model you are considering is incomplete and it is hard to determine exactly which model you are looking at.

$784 is the list price for a new MK25EVO / S600.
I think $2,200 would have been list price of the MK25T / S600T. It is the current list for the MK25T EVO / S620X-Ti.
I think $1,172 was list price for the Scubapro MK25/S600 Deep Blue Titanium Core.

The prices you list match some Scubapro regulator models. I would determine exactly which model it is.

All Titanium model...$800 is a great deal.
MK25/S600 Deep Blue Titanium Core...not much of a deal.
Standard MK25/S600...Terrible deal

Are you getting this from a store or an individual?

The MK25/s600 is a great regulator. Your description of the model you are considering is incomplete and it is hard to determine exactly which model you are looking at.

$784 is the list price for a new MK25EVO / S600.
I think $2,200 would have been list price of the MK25T / S600T. It is the current list for the MK25T EVO / S620X-Ti.
I think $1,172 was list price for the Scubapro MK25/S600 Deep Blue Titanium Core.

The prices you list match some Scubapro regulator models. I would determine exactly which model it is.

All Titanium model...$800 is a great deal.
MK25/S600 Deep Blue Titanium Core...not much of a deal.
Standard MK25/S600...Terrible deal

Are you getting this from a store or an individual?
Thanks, here are more details:
MK25 S600 Deep Blue Titanium Core, $1172.00 marked down to $800. It seems very heavy compared to the AquaLung Titan reg I currently use.

I have MK20’s upgraded to MK25’s that are 20+ years old. With proper maintenance they will last a lifetime.

just think what you could save not buying the titanium model.....

keep in mind, you still need an octo and something for monitoring......

Thanks, here are more details:
MK25 S600 Deep Blue Titanium Core, $1172.00 marked down to $800. It seems very heavy compared to the AquaLung Titan reg I currently use.

I am assuming this is a shop clearing out old stock. You are looking at about a 30% discount off list. The Deep Blue Titanium is no longer being sold, so if you like the color and looks, then go for it. It is still a MK25 / S600 and it will provide many years of excellent service.

For the MK25 / S600 combo there are a bunch of different variations that change the price. for the "standard" set the MK25 EVO / S600 is the newest version, and should be priced around $785. you can get special editions of this reg, for example you can get the S620ti which the internals of the second stage are made out of titanium. you can get the MK25 in titanium, you can also get a special edition that is blue.
I have been diving with the MK25/S600 for about a year now and absolutely love it. If you are looking to save a little money, I would also highly recommend either the MK17 / A700 combo or even cheaper yet the MK17 / G260 combo.
The MK25 is a balanced piston design and is one of ScubaPro's top of the line reg's. The MK17 is a diaphragm reg and has been around for quite a while and continues to be one of the best, especially in cold water.

EDIT: My bad, just saw your comment about being a Deep Blue Titanium core. $800 for that setup would not be a bad deal, assuming it is brand new. My guess would be, they have had it in their inventory for a while and just want to unload it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom