Scubapro mako and SMS100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apollon18

Registered
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have searched in internet how to mount the specific knife on a SMS100 but I did not find something. Any proposal? My current configuration is sidemount.

that's an awfully big knife to mount directly to the BC. Most of us will have things like trilobites on our computer straps, or up on the shoulder straps. Since you're sidemounting the knife would be interfering with the shoulder strap attachment or be under the tanks. I would recommend re-evaluating your need for a knife that big and look at something like a trilobite mounted to your computer strap

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I will buy a trilobite also but I want to use also mako knife which is not consedered as a big knife (sometimes, especially if you dive for cleaning sea bottom purposes you need a knife).

@apollon18 if you're planning on using it as a tool then you'll figure out mounting, probably front of your thigh or in a pocket. Most people use them as cutting tools where they aren't the best tool for the job, especially for actually cutting things underwater. Trilobites and trauma shears are much better at cutting than the knives which are really only good as prying tools underwater

Totally agree with you. I will try to figure out how I will do it. In the meanwhile, does someone have any tested solution?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom