Scubapro mako on hydros pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dreamer17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
good evening everyone, I recently bought a mako titanium knife to mount on my scubapro hydros pro bcd. I bought the knife mount and all but apparently it doesn’t seem to fit... the knife strap mounts are too far apart compared to the mount’s screw points. How is this possible? I thought the two were meant to be matching. Can anyone help me out?
image.jpg

It seems as though there is a mount on yours that maybe allows for it to put on webbing? Can that piece come off?

mako_titanium.jpg

You have to drill holes through the slots where the leg straps go through. At least that is what Scubapro customer service told me.

Also knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bother the whole thing now looks like a snag hazard to me.

The SP adapter for the Mako knife is correct. NO DRILLING REQUIRED. I have one on a Hydros. Fits perfectly.

I’ll post pics and instructions on Mon.

You don't need to drill. It fits. The plate goes inside of the pockets and the screws/washers fit through the slat on the back and the hole near the tip of the knife bit.

I have the same knife / BCD. No issues.

Make sure your putting the mount bracket on the inside of the weight pocket, and then the knife mount screws into that.

Is there a way to mount this vertically on a shoulder strap? I have always had a leg mounted knife, but now, for other reasons, I need a torso mounted knife.

Is there a way to mount this vertically on a shoulder strap? I have always had a leg mounted knife, but now, for other reasons, I need a torso mounted knife.
Not without zip ties or something similar

No problems getting it to fit here. It takes a little work but can be done.

Attachments

• 0FBF3C11-81E3-480F-8DD7-68ED407B8B91.jpeg
    0FBF3C11-81E3-480F-8DD7-68ED407B8B91.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,274
  • E4DE99D6-988D-4363-87FC-88A6EB45D84D.jpeg
    E4DE99D6-988D-4363-87FC-88A6EB45D84D.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,243
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom