Scubapro Mako Titanium knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too noticed the blunt straight edge on the Mako, it took me a good hour on various stones to get a decent edge. I can’t see why any company would ship a knife with a blunt edge.

also I’ve not had the arm scratches that some have suffered when mounting the mako to a hydros pro. I did point the opener inwards though as it seemed the best profile.

Same boat here with the SS version. Blunt as a butter knife, luckily I have sharpening stones. Mounting on the Hydros Pro is a bit of a design afterthought it seems - silly expensive plastic mount plate required simply due to the flex of the weight pocket shell. When slinging a deco bottle you'd better watch out that it doesn't release the knife - happens to me a lot. Knife is loose in the sheath too, easy to remove without pushing the release button. Don't bother with this option would be my advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom