Scubapro Mako titanium??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to throw out a "thank you" to the posters on this thread. I just went through the exercise of mounting my Mako on my new Scubapro Seahawk and these ideas really helped. The only change I made compared to Vixtor's approach was using an acorn cap nut (the screw I used was just a tad too long and I didn't want the tip rubbing against the inside of the BC) and slapping on some liquid threadlock to help keep it together.

Man, getting access to the inside/underside of the knife grommets on the Seahawk is tedious. They're not really accessible through the inside of the BC pocket and the little access holes are ~1-1.5 inches in size. I'd love to know what Scubapro envisioned for a mounting system when they put these in. That's not a sarcastic comment - I'm really curious. I'm very happy to have the grommet holes and the mounting seems fine, but I wonder if they planned on some sort of expansion screw type cap or insert so you don't have to jimmy with anything inside/underneath the grommets.

Back
Top Bottom