Scubapro Mantis m1 vs suunto d4i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi i've been away from scuba for 3-4 yrs. and i need a few re-education lol

Anybody can fill me up on Scubapro Mantis m1 dive computer against the suunto d4i?

I still have my d4i. and it's really old... is the Mantis m1 a good enough replacement? functionwise? safety?

The Mantis M1 isn't air integrated like the D4i. I absolutely love the Scubapro algorithm but I just don't like the user interface of their watch sized computers (I have the Chromis and the M2). I find the Suunto D4i very intuitive (also have one of them). A big plus of the Suunto is the dot matrix display which makes information presentation quite nice (at the cost of slightly smaller fonts).

The D4i Novo is an improvement because of the metal buttons.

The Mantis M1 isn't air integrated like the D4i. I absolutely love the Scubapro algorithm but I just don't like the user interface of their watch sized computers (I have the Chromis and the M2). I find the Suunto D4i very intuitive (also have one of them). A big plus of the Suunto is the dot matrix display which makes information presentation quite nice (at the cost of slightly smaller fonts).

The D4i Novo is an improvement because of the metal buttons.

thanks for the info... so overall it's liveable? i mean D4i is plastic. Mine has a lot of scratches already from getting bumps looks worn out.. I wana sell it while it still can sell... thanks for the info.

the D4i Novo is also plastic but it has better metal buttons. In my view it is worth the extra money. All my D4i (original ones) had buttons getting a bit sticky.
ok.. im not familiar with the Novo. will look it up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom