Scubapro mark V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, something is just not adding up. If the IP was stable and correct, then either the balanced or unbalanced kit should have worked just fine. Considering the date we are talking about, I wonder if the lever was changed when the balanced kit was installed. If not, possibly the balanced poppet was not compatible with the old lever.

109 and BAs are my favorite second stages because there are so few parts and the performance is very high. Because they are adjustable, you can tune them to minimal inhalation effort and if needed increase it with the adjustment knob.

c

couv,

I'm in the process of gearing up to do my own servicing.

I'd greatly appreciate if you could send me some diagrams with standard o-ring sizes printed. I'll PM you with my mail address.

I currently own:

1st:
SP: Mk5, Mk10, Mk20
AL: Supra XL, Titan (non-LX)

2nd:
SP: 109, M5, G250
AL: XL, Titan (non-LX)

Octo:
SP: AIR2 3rd gen
AL: Micra, LPO

Thanks

Zung

Having experienced a real defective regulator at 70' (no air delivery) requiring a free ascent I choose to stick with the original configured second staged so I could continue diving.

What regulator did this? Do you remember what the cause was? It's been my understanding that when a regulator fails, it will fail in a freeflow mode, not a failure to deliver. What was blocking the airflow?

What regulator did this? Do you remember what the cause was? It's been my understanding that when a regulator fails, it will fail in a freeflow mode, not a failure to deliver. What was blocking the airflow?

This happened in 1969 I was 17 and at that time didn't understand much about the workings of regulators. It was a USD double hose with an all plastic housing. My understanding was it was the owners fault. He did / didn't do something that caused the reg to stop working. I borrowed it from someone that talked wonders and crapped blunders, apparently. I darn near beat the SOB silly with the reg then smashed the housing with a rock. The only good things that came out of it was my survival, a firm resolve to never borrow anything related to air delivery, and the confidence to know I could make a free ascent under adverse conditions. Sorry I can't help you more but it was a long time ago. I don't think every reg fails in freeflow. I thought I saw one on this site under the recalls section that fails to deliver air. In my situation some :dork2: with tools messed with it :no: and near disaster followed.

PS The owner of the reg was my dive buddy on that dive. He was off doing God knows what and not there to help. Which was the main reason I beat him, had I know it was his fault that the reg failed I might have dragged him down to the water and drowned him also. I wasn't as mellow back then as I am now.

I bought a box of SS screws for the 2nd stage clamp. They are slotted and the heads are a touch too big for the countersinking in my own clamps. But you're welcome to a couple of you shoot me a PM with an address.

To shape the heads to fit, I had considered gently clamping a screw in an electrical drill. Spin is up and carefully sand it down with emory paper. Haven't given it a try yet - so I can't give you a success rate :wink:

Oh, and there are apparently (at least) 2 different thread pitches for these screws, so what I have may or may not fit your clamps.

Henrik

I have two that use the 4-40 screws and one that uses 3mm and have a finer thread. They are almost the same diameter and it helps if you have good, young eyes or, alternatively, a good set of cheaters to tell which is which.

I have two that use the 4-40 screws and one that uses 3mm and have a finer thread. They are almost the same diameter and it helps if you have good, young eyes or, alternatively, a good set of cheaters to tell which is which.

Yup, similar to mine. It's cheaters and a gauge for me :D

Henrik

As I get older, my arms seem to be getting shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom