Scubapro Meridian - worst dive computer ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I use a Scubapro regulator and BCD and I am very satisfied with it, so I decided to buy Scubapro computer as well. I bought Scubapro Meridian in June 2013. Since then, I had 72 dives. I changed battery 3 times and strap 1 times. Last year, upper right button (up/+) simply fell off. I sent my computer to SB service in Nuremberg. After check, they said it was a factory error, they fixed it no charge, changed the battery (3rd time) and said that the computer is now in good condition and returned it to me. This year on 30th July I had a first dive after repairment. After the dive, someone on bout asked about water temperature. While I was looking trough log, loweer right button (down/-) fell off. After that, i continued to use it with no down/- button. 3 days after, I've noticed small crack on strap. Next day strap broke on 2 places. I removed the strap and changed it with velcro strap that I had for the GoPro. When I came back home (Belgrade), I contacted the store where I bought it, and thay said that I have to send it to Nuremberg (again). Also, I tried to order new strap from scubastore.com, and I got the nextmessage: " * Due to the Scubapro new regulations relating to distribution, we are not allowed to ship some products of this brand to Serbia". Store I bought the computer in doesn't sell Scubapro anymore, and the new "authorized distributor" doesn't sell straps for the meridian. And so, I tried to order it on my friend's adress in United Arab Emirates, but I got the same message. After that, I tried to send it in Spain, bat the result was sam. After a lot of frustration, I finally got help from a friend who lives in Germany. He ordered the stupid strap (2 pieces, becouse I obviously going to need it).

I think that Scubapro/UWATEC is making a very good quality gear (my regulator and BCD are 12 years old and they still work perfectly with only basic maintenence), but I can not believe what s**t of gear is Meridian. Every year since I have it, I had to dfo something with it. First battery in 2014, then battery and strap in 2015, than battery and button in 2016, and finally I have to change another button and strap this year. Also I can not beleive that Scubapro/UWATEC has such unporofessional technical support. Last year, the computer was in their service. If the button problem is really a factory ereror, they should change all four buttons. Do I really need to send if every year for one button? And finally, new "authorized distributor" for Scubapro/UWATEC works nothing but stops you buying things online.

I am very, VERY disappointed in Scubapro/UWATEC regarding to dive computers.
My reccomendation to anyone looking for dive computer is - buy SUUNTO.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Last edited:
Promenio sam baterija na moji meridian I nece da proradi. Gde da nadjem servis za scubapro meridian?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom