Scubapro mk 25 changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a 13 year old mk 25 first stage. I am considering changing this for a new mk 25 or an Atomic t3 ( travel a lot and its significant weight saving). What would the changes in the new mk 25 be, other than cosmetic? Does the new mk 25 breathe or work any better than my 13 year old one?

Scubapro warranty is terrible, I sent in my brand new MK25evo s620Ti regulator (2 months old and one dive trip on it) for a harmonic whistle at depth. Scubapro is not paying the shop to work on it and I’m being billed. This was brand new and was making the noise on the very first dive trip, I did test it in a pool before I went and it didn’t make the whistle at shallow depths. Right now almost all of my gear and my husband’s is Scubapro but we will NEVER purchase their gear again. I thought I was purchasing nice gear from a reputable company but obviously not.

Scubapro warranty is terrible, I sent in my brand new MK25evo s620Ti regulator (2 months old and one dive trip on it) for a harmonic whistle at depth. Scubapro is not paying the shop to work on it and I’m being billed. This was brand new and was making the noise on the very first dive trip, I did test it in a pool before I went and it didn’t make the whistle at shallow depths. Right now almost all of my gear and my husband’s is Scubapro but we will NEVER purchase their gear again. I thought I was purchasing nice gear from a reputable company but obviously not.

Mines made a slight noise from day two - still makes noise on day 500, been rebuilt a few times too - no worries here

Is this the shop that you bought it from or a different shop? If it's the shop you bought it from they should be covering that for you. It's part of making sure that everything is in top shape and is adjusted properly when it leaves the store and goes home with you.

I have a 13 year old mk 25 first stage. I am considering changing this for a new mk 25 or an Atomic t3 ( travel a lot and its significant weight saving). What would the changes in the new mk 25 be, other than cosmetic? Does the new mk 25 breathe or work any better than my 13 year old one?

The main difference between your Mk25 and the newer Mk25EVO is the coating on the spring and a plastic cap that prevents the spring from direct contact with the metal. The purpose of this is to slow the growth of ice when diving in cold water. In terms of performance, there is some, but not a huge amount.

What exactly are you being billed for? Freight? The comment "Scubapro is not paying the shop to work on it" is a bit strange. Scubapro doesn't pay any dive shop to work on regs. Neither does any other manufacturer for that matter. Your dive shop should be able to fix this, assuming they have a tech, with very little effort. The harmonic whistle from the first stage is simply a lack of enough lubricant in the bushing OR the HP seat needs to be rotated 180 degrees; easy fixes. Before I was a technician one of my DM's had this issue with his new Mk25. I sent the reg into Scubapro with no issue, including no charge; as a shop we did eat the shipping cost, but it wasn't much. As a tech I can now resolve the issue in less than five minutes. Check with the store that you purchased it from. If need be have them speak with their rep for OR (assuming you purchased the reg from and store in OR and not online). His name slips my mind at the moment, but he is a decent chap. If you are being billed for shipping then that is an LDS issue, not a Scubapro one.

I think I’m being billed for parts/shipping and maybe some for labor but not sure. I’m good with paying shipping but I don’t feel I should be paying for parts/labor for a brand new regulator. The dive shop I sent it to is not where the regulator was purchased but is a authorized Scubapro shop.

Mines made a slight noise from day two - still makes noise on day 500, been rebuilt a few times too - no worries here
Sorry your regulator didn’t stop making the whistle, I hope they have my fixed I don’t like listening to it at all, lol

It's more of a raspy thing, not really whistle - keeps me awake. It's really not bad.....

I think I’m being billed for parts/shipping and maybe some for labor but not sure. I’m good with paying shipping but I don’t feel I should be paying for parts/labor for a brand new regulator. The dive shop I sent it to is not where the regulator was purchased but is a authorized Scubapro shop.

Fair enough. Did you or the dive shop you purchased it from register the reg online via Scubapro's website? This is a must for warranty. Keep in mind, this isn't just SP, other brands, that I deal with, have similar policies. If it isn't registered then the warranty will not be applied. If you have the original receipts then you can argue the case. Without the registration or receipts then there really isn't that can be done.

Fair enough. Did you or the dive shop you purchased it from register the reg online via Scubapro's website? This is a must for warranty. Keep in mind, this isn't just SP, other brands, that I deal with, have similar policies. If it isn't registered then the warranty will not be applied. If you have the original receipts then you can argue the case. Without the registration or receipts then there really isn't that can be done.
Yes, I registered it online immediately.

Back
Top Bottom