Scubapro MK 25 Intermediate pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockinrebel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everybody,
Just wondering what IP most people have their Scubapro MK 25's set at.
I read where Scubapro says 125 psi to 145 psi.
Thanks so much.

Thanks so much. I've ordered the materials to make my own intermediate pressure gauge. Just wanting to check and see what my wife and mines MK 25's are set at.

This 125-145 is also the range for the Atomic regulators, which shouldn't come too much as a surprise. Why do these two manufacturers recommend this range? Does performance suffer at lower ranges? Does the regulator incur additional wear at higher pressure?

I don't think I noticed any performance difference from the lower to higher end of the range spectrum. However, I do notice it when the second stages aren't properly adjusted.

@Ouvea it's the range for most regulators. It's harder to get IP exact on piston regs in general vs. diaphragms *MK25 as an exception due to the screw*, so they need a decent range for where it is going to end up due to spring wear and what not. The second stages, especially the balanced ones are really forgiving to IP as long as they are tuned properly

Back
Top Bottom