Scubapro MK20/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvdiving

Contributor
Reaction score
An hour South of Mosul, Iraq or Ft Wayne, Indiana
I just got a SCUBAPRO MK20/S600 (upgraded from a G500) and LOVE it. Breathes great, is lightweight and dry. I didn't like the mouthpiece though. I changed it out to a Rite Bite. Now, no complaints.

Ken

How does the S600 compare to the G250-HP???

How is the D400? I've seen them, but never had a chance to use one. Most people seem to love or hate them. I know they last for years! Any comments?

d400 works good at depth but i wont give up my g500 i love the lil thing, sorry the s600 looks to retro for me.

I just switched to a S600 (with replacement mouthpiece) from a G250, which I now use as my Octo. Yesterday I dove Molokini, and switched back and forth a bit.

At the surface, not much difference. At 90 feet, the S600 felt a lot smoother. I don't notice it cycling. When swimming upside down the S600 is almost normal, while the 250 takes some effort.

Main difference: I just don't notice the 600 at all, whereas I'm aware of every breath with the 250 and other regs I've used. Partly it's because it's light and small and doesn't pull on my mouth, and it just breathes really right.

Aloha,

Jonathan Starr
kalepa@maui.net

Anyone had a problem with the g250-HP in cold water.. I thing mine is freezing up.. I originally thought it was my mk20 first stage but I am beginning to beleive it is the g250 secound.. I can feel small chunks of ice coming from the reg into my mouth about 1 minute before it freezes up.. any ideas..

Back
Top Bottom