Scubapro MK25T EVO + S620 X-Ti

MK25T EVO + S620 X-Ti or MK25 EVO + A700 Carbon BT

• MK25T EVO + S620 X-Ti

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • MK25 EVO + A700 Carbon BT

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naufal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I own a MK25 EVO + A700 Carbon BT. Loving it. Thinking of changing to the model as written in the title. Reason, just for the aesthetics. I try to make the reason for Titanium can't corrode, but everything won't last.

Come to my question, how's the maintenance for the reg? Will it be expensive? Does it use titanium parts also, or it's just the 1st stage casings?

Tq.

You must have some money burning a hole in your pocket. Wouldn't you rather spend it on something worthwhile like an extra dive trip?

That's what the reason for this thread. I make research first before making stupid decisions. :D

Do you have any thoughts?

The only thoughts are that your current reg looks better than the one you want for 'aesthetics'.
But that first stage is titanium tho. :D

Well, that Titanium really does not bring any benefit eh?

But that first stage is titanium tho. :D

Well, that Titanium really does not bring any benefit eh?

No, not really. Well, no benefits to you, there are certainly benefits to the dealer and manufacturer for duping people into spending $1500 (or whatever it is) on a regulator. But there is something that might change your mind, some titanium regulators are not as easy to use with nitrox as the good old proven brass/chrome ones. I don't really keep up with the latest of the manufacturers' nuttiness on nitrox use, but you need to check to see if the titanium SP must be kept O2 clean in order to be used with any nitrox. This means A) more expense at servicing and B) never using the reg with normal air unless you want to get it O2 cleaned again before nitrox use. When titanium regulators first came out there were all sorts of changing policies about these regs and nitrox.

The whole thing is rather silly. The sales pitch about titanium is that it is completely immune to corrosion from sea water. It does have great resistance to corrosion, but so does chromed brass. In fact, I have several 30-40 year old chromed/brass regulators that are basically the same inside as when they were new. And I don't have to worry about the nitrox compatibility issues.

The maintenance of either regulator should be the same. You have the same first stage, although one is built from Titanium. The internal o-rings should be the same as should the HP seat. As for the second stage. The cost of the service kit should mirror that of the S600. I can't imagine a service kit for an A700 costing vastly differently. The designs are similar if not identical across the board.

My buddy has an S600 and an A700. His wife dives the S600 as well. He says that both breathe the same and blindfolded, he would have difficulty differentiating from either. I've used sporadically an S600 and owned the MK25T-S620XTI. Differences were negligible if at all perceptible.

The first stage body and the second stage air barrel of the MK25T-S620XTI are made of titanium. The piston is steel, I believe, as is the demand lever in the second stage. The first stage is super light compared to a brass counterpart but that's about all you're going to notice. Appearance wise, I would give that to the A700 as its very different than your standard round shaped second stage. If you prefer the appearance of the MK25T-S620XTI, then by all means purchase that.

Roles currently doesn't make titanium watches, it relegates titanium to its "cheap" sister brand - Tudor. :wink:

No, not really. Well, no benefits to you, there are certainly benefits to the dealer and manufacturer for duping people into spending $1500 (or whatever it is) on a regulator. But there is something that might change your mind, some titanium regulators are not as easy to use with nitrox as the good old proven brass/chrome ones. I don't really keep up with the latest of the manufacturers' nuttiness on nitrox use, but you need to check to see if the titanium SP must be kept O2 clean in order to be used with any nitrox. This means A) more expense at servicing and B) never using the reg with normal air unless you want to get it O2 cleaned again before nitrox use. When titanium regulators first came out there were all sorts of changing policies about these regs and nitrox.

The whole thing is rather silly. The sales pitch about titanium is that it is completely immune to corrosion from sea water. It does have great resistance to corrosion, but so does chromed brass. In fact, I have several 30-40 year old chromed/brass regulators that are basically the same inside as when they were new. And I don't have to worry about the nitrox compatibility issues.

Thank you. Maximum of 40% O2 Nitrox claimed by Scubapro website. That is well within the normal Nitrox Mix right?

I think You should upgrade, then sell your old set to me for cheap :wink:

Well, the plan is for my brother to use current reg and swap whenever we feel like it. :D

The maintenance of either regulator should be the same. You have the same first stage, although one is built from Titanium. The internal o-rings should be the same as should the HP seat. As for the second stage. The cost of the service kit should mirror that of the S600. I can't imagine a service kit for an A700 costing vastly differently. The designs are similar if not identical across the board.

My buddy has an S600 and an A700. His wife dives the S600 as well. He says that both breathe the same and blindfolded, he would have difficulty differentiating from either. I've used sporadically an S600 and owned the MK25T-S620XTI. Differences were negligible if at all perceptible.

The first stage body and the second stage air barrel of the MK25T-S620XTI are made of titanium. The piston is steel, I believe, as is the demand lever in the second stage. The first stage is super light compared to a brass counterpart but that's about all you're going to notice. Appearance wise, I would give that to the A700 as its very different than your standard round shaped second stage. If you prefer the appearance of the MK25T-S620XTI, then by all means purchase that.

Thank you. I wanted to know what's inside the first stage too. I've search in the web, there's not much article about that regulator. Second, its performance based on paper, A700 superior to S600/S620 by small points. I don't think I can notice any. :D

Roles currently doesn't make titanium watches, it relegates titanium to its "cheap" sister brand - Tudor. :wink:

Yeah, my opinion is Rolex make luxury watches and light is often relate as cheap. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom