Scubapro MK25T EVO + S620 X-Ti

MK25T EVO + S620 X-Ti or MK25 EVO + A700 Carbon BT

• MK25T EVO + S620 X-Ti

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • MK25 EVO + A700 Carbon BT

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The opposite. With a properly sealed first stage, there is no reason to service it other than manufacturer requirement, until the IP shifts or begins to creep. That could easily be five years or more.

With an unsealed first stage, and proper thorough rinsing including through the little ambient chamber holes, the same thing should apply. Depending upon how religious you are about it, fine grit may stick to the lube traces on the inside, and begin deterioration of the chrome. But we're talking 3-20 years, depending upon heat, salt water, and whether or not the reg was put away wet.

For my rant on this subject from 2 years ago, see this post: Piston or diaphragm

And then there's the longer time between needed service for an Atomic 2nd stage due to the seat-saver feature. Don't get me started! :)

Tsk tsk. You should have waited for the about to be released new ScubaPro Mk25U. That's the Unobtanium model. The hoses are made of silicon nanotubes and the entire setup weighs less than a sparrow's fart on a cold day.

Tsk tsk. You should have waited for the about to be released new ScubaPro Mk25U. That's the Unobtanium model. The hoses are made of silicon nanotubes and the entire setup weighs less than a sparrow's fart on a cold day.

:rofl3: It really made me laugh. Well, the moment I paid for the thing, my mind goes, "at this moment, he knows that he's fxxked up"

As for servicing, as people have said before, it's the same kit for the 1st stage and probably the 2nd stage.

the 1st is the same, the second is a different service kit from the s600. I haven’t opened one yet, but there is a separate kit designated from scubapro.

the 1st is the same, the second is a different service kit from the s600. I haven’t opened one yet, but there is a separate kit designated from scubapro.

Thank you. Good to know. At least I can have a good guess/estimate of the price during the servicing period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom