Scubapro O-ring Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tested the 2.5 and it works; I don't know about the 2.0, so you have to test it yourself. And if you're still alive after the experiment, tell us all about it.

Then again, since this isn't a high wear item, it'll probably last a while and give you enough time to source the right stuff (2.2).

Hahaha - okay, yes, the live-or-die test is always a good indicator of success. The oring we're discussing is the 1mm x 2.2mm I believe. I've been using www.theoringstore.com for my orings - fast and cheap orings but they don't carry the 2.2 - actually, I take that back, they do carry the 1.6mm x 2.2mm and 1.5 x 2.21 Any shop you recommend that carries the correct 2.2? Thanks!

Like couv said a few posts back, PAI has them, item #40-87. There's a minimum of $40, which should last a few life times, or you can setup a group buy here.

Alternatively, you may consider kits from Vintage Double Hose.

Looking for SP oring 01050363, I came across 2.2mm ID x 4.2mm OD x 1mm C/S 70 Durometer Rubber Buna O-rings. 50 pcs for $2.00 plus $3.00 shipping. Oringsandmore

Am I wrong in thinking this could work? Possibly this option has already been discussed somewhere, but did not see it.

Hi Kupu,

Yes, that should work fine. In fact SP used Buna until they went to EPDM. That is a great price too. The only questions would be of quality control. The shelf life of Buna/Nitrile is 15 years. How old are they? From where were they sourced? Is the variation in size tolerance acceptable?

For $5 it is certainly worth the gamble. Install the seals on a poppet, then perform a check to see if they hold up. Remove the spring and stand the poppet seat down on a very flat surface (like glass.) Push down on the balance chamber. The chamber should spring back up due to the pneumatic pressure in the poppet & chamber.

Last edited:
Looking for SP oring 01050363, I came across 2.2mm ID x 4.2mm OD x 1mm C/S 70 Durometer Rubber Buna O-rings. 50 pcs for $2.00 plus $3.00 shipping. Oringsandmore

Am I wrong in thinking this could work? Possibly this option has already been discussed somewhere, but did not see it.
Hi Kupu - thanks for taking the time to post this - super appreciate your effort. I believe I'm looking for the 2.2mm x 1mm orings - they're the super small ones that fit the Scubapro G250 poppet. The one you posted is a little too big... Any info you find is always appreciated!

I'm looking for the 2.2mm x 1mm orings
Hi HTF,

The size Kupu posted is the same-he also included the outside diameter which is often excluded as it is the I.D. plus 2 times the cross section.

I received the poppet orings mentioned in post #334 today. Looks like a winner, they pass the bounce test and to my eye appear in good condition and size match. When performing the bounce test, I sealed the LP seat with my index finger as that ensured a solid seal to perform the test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom