Scubapro online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slider2268

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was looking at scubatoys and noticed they are now selling scubapro online, has scubapro changed its policy about online sales??

I just logged on here to post the same thing. Was almost floored because of how much I have heard SP being anti internet. If so would love to get a MK17/s550 setup, or at least see the price of it from ST.

This *could* be a monumental shift in the way dive retail is conducted. If Scubapro is now going to allow online sales, who else will follow suit?

That being said, support the LDS that supports you....

Slider2268:
Was looking at scubatoys and noticed they are now selling scubapro online, has scubapro changed its policy about online sales??

Are you sure? I don't think so.

The price on their website doesn't mean that Larry will sell SP regulator by internet.

In fact SP is making efforts to reduce on-line sales. I was told by our LDS owner that SP is now actively tracking purchases of larger quantities of regulators to ensure the shop that bought them is selling them on site. This is designed to prevent shops from buying quantities of regulators and then selling them to LP or other on-line dealers at discounted prices for re-sale on line. In effect, SP is trying to reduce the supply of grey market regs for on-line dealers to sell.

I am pretty sure SP dealers can advertise on line, but they still have to restrict sales to in store purchases only. There are also restrictions on advertising (and selling) regulators below the MSRP.

How do figure Scubapro's online policy hasn't changed? I just purchased a MK25 / S600 Reg on Scubatoy's website. I've never visited their store or talked to them on the phone, just "click and ship." This is a change. The only other US business I know of that sells Scubapro on-line is LeisurePro. These guys are not Authorized Dealers selling "gray market." Unless ScubaToys is no longer an Authorized ScubaPro Dealer?

TwoBitTxn:
No, Scubapro has not changed their stance on online sales.

under3483:
Unless ScubaToys is no longer an Authorized ScubaPro Dealer?

It looks like they are NOT an authorized dealer anymore.. Their shop name isn't on SP dealer list anymore.... So, go figure....

So many of us are totally wired with the internet and yet whole scads of people don't know how to turn on a computer and how many of us can actually write any code. The future --good or bad---is going to include the internet. If a company chooses to write those sales off, like some ostrich with his head stuck in the sand then they will likely become extinct. I wish this were not so. We have a global economy, an increasing internet prescence, especially in the younger folks and we know where this is going. I hope brick and mortor stores can hang in there for the services only they can provide. I am afraid the little shoestring budget places are in for a "tight spot". N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom