Scubapro online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All this hooo haaaa about Scubapro......

Larry I agree with what you did..............

After all It's been pointed out to me by a few people that Scubapro sells direct to Leisure Pro. In one report a person was in their back stock area and saw an actual invoice from Scubapro to Leisure Pro....... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've spoken with their buyer and he admitted they purchase alot of products directly, He bragged, who is going to turn down an order for 100 regulators ??? (he has a point)... I was trying to negoiate a deal for a quantity of stuff, hence why I got bumped up the ladder. So I heard it with my own ears.....

As for the guy who was actually in the stock area... Too bad he did not take a picture of that invoice...... Now that would really stir the pot eh ????

If that got out and ALL of the scubapro dealers saw it, what would they do ????? follow Larry ???? I wish that'd happen...

JungleJoe:
As for the guy who was actually in the stock area... Too bad he did not take a picture of that invoice...... Now that would really stir the pot eh ????

As I was reading your post that's the first thing that popped into my head, what if he took a photo (or stole it) and plastered it all over the internet? How would SP go into damage control? Allege it was counterfeit? File lawsuits to force it removed? Abort their MAP policy?

I heard that the fall of the Berlin Wall was a govt. screwup, that the Soviet legislature intended no such thing but a lower level figure misinterpreted a clause.

L- Pro And Other Online Scuba Dealers Are Selling Scuba pro on Line ,They Tell You If You Need Maintanance or Service Which in the case of scuba pro its parts for life program ,You have to send the Reg. To Them.
I think Tracking sales is stupid When all they have to do is go on line and see for them selves.
I called A dealer on line to see abut a MK17 Reg. and The Person I talked To Was Ready To Take My order on The Spot.
They are always alot lower priced then the LDS.
And If You Do Buy A scuba Pro On Line The LDS Will Not Give You The Friendly Service He Would Normally Give, AND THATS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!
I dont Blame Them Because The LDS Has To Stay In Buisness And Its To Your Best Intrest To Keep The LDS Open.Thats Why I Purchased My Reg There.
What I dont Like Is When Local Dealers Say Are Hands Are Tied We Have To Sell You A MK 17 For 430.00 + And Then You Get On Line And Can Get The Exact same Reg. For 315.00 Why Cant The LDS Split The Differance, Instead divers have to buy lower performance Regs In order to support LDS,Thats Not Looking Out For Your Clients. AT ALL!
Scuba pro Needs To Get A handle On This Problem!
I have Been In The Sales Buis Along Time And If You Think That Scub Pro Is Going To Stop THese Big Retailers An Risk Volume Sales You Are Dreaming,But I do Think That They Should Make Thier YES MEAN YES AND THEIR NO MEAN NO TO ALL OF THEIR DEALERS.
And Quit Turning A Blind Eye.
Their Regulators Are Some Of The Best Out There , Thats Not The Issue,Thats Why I wanted Scuba Pro And I Purchased Scuba pro And Supported My LDS!

I talked to a Scubapro rep a few years ago and he said (OFF THE RECORD) that internet sales made Scubapro big bucks. The company sold their products thru "grey market" outlets and didn't have to service or support them with warranties. This not only made money upfront (sells of new products) but also on the backend (no warranty cost). All the company had to do is "talk" about no aurthorized sales thru the internet would be allowed and how the only way to get a "Scubapro" lifetime warranty would be thru your local dealer. Small LDS would be hit hard if they didn't follow their "signed contracts" but there was little the company (Scubapro) could do to stop independent dealers from selling their merchandise.

I vote with my dollars, and Larry and Scubatoys have recently gotten several different orders from me. He and his staff are helpful, responsive, and offer sound experienced advice. In fact, I placed another order today. I tried several LDS's and have given them some business too. But, the majority has gone to Scubatoys. Honest direct, straight shooters. That works for me.

I don't post much around here, but I just saw this while doing a random search for regulators. I realize I'm reviving an old thread, but this is what came up when I searched SB for this subject. I noticed the date in the letter. Apparently the policy is only two days old. Is this old news?

Grey-Market Letter From Scubapro / Uwatec

This letter specifically addresses Leisure Pro, New York.

Thank you for considering SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment.

Please be aware that Leisure Pro, New York is not, nor has ever been, an authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC dealer.

Leisure Pro obtains our products through "gray-market" sources and not from our factory. We have no way of assuring the ultimate consumer that any item purchased via this source has not been tampered with or modified. Nor can we assume that our product has been properly tested and inspected. As such, SCUBAPRO UWATEC does not extend any warranties on its products purchased from Leisure Pro or any other "unauthorized” dealer.

As of October 15, 2011 SCUBAPRO UWATEC USA allows authorized retailers to sell via the internet or via mail order. We maintain a minimum pricing policy that our authorized dealers adhere to.

All "unauthorized" SCUBAPRO UWATEC dealers, like Leisure Pro who obtained SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment obtained through "grey-market" channels other than SCUBAPRO UWATEC Authorized Dealers does not carry the SCUBAPRO UWATEC Limited Lifetime/Limited Warranty. If you so choose to purchase SCUBAPRO UWATEC products from "unauthorized" dealers, the warranty will be voided.

If you still decide to purchased SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment from anywhere other than an Authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC Dealership, we recommend that it be inspected by an Authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC Repair Center to be sure that it is operating and performing to SCUBAPRO UWATEC specifications

Leisure Pro may offer their own warranty on the equipment that you are considering, however, Leisure Pro has not been trained by SCUBAPRO UWATEC nor is certified to perform maintenance on SCUBAPRO UWATEC or UWATEC equipment.

You can find an authorized dealer in your area at:
SCUBAPRO- Home

Please feel free to contact us should you have further queries regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Patty Savinski

SCUBAPRO -
Product Registration
ScubaPro/Uwatec Gray Market Letter

Actually, the timing of your post is quite appropriate, I think. Just yesterday I asked an LDS that's over 50 miles from me if they could make an exception to ScubaPro's policy and ship me some ScubaPro stuff if I called them -- to save me a trip to their store.

Surprisingly, they said, that as of "yesterday" (October 15) it wouldn't be an exception and that they were now free to ship ScubaPro products if they wanted to.

So, maybe times are changing and maybe we'll start seeing some ScubaPro online.

Back
Top Bottom