Scubapro Pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Golan68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been trying to get the correct o-rings sizes and type for the SP Pilot[second stage not the bc:no:].
Since Scuba pro doesn't support it anymore my local dealer , though had tried, couldn't help more then getting the exploded view. but the part numbers for the old o-rings are not applicable for today.
if some one knows the equivalents for the old o-rings, or the direct replacements, it can be good idea to share between all of us who still have a Pilot and will not give up on this very very nice piece of equipment.

Is yours converted to air1 internals or does it still have the original pilot valve? I'll try to dig up a schematic and a table for converting the SP numbers to standard o-ring sizes.

Mine is the original, I have SP part numbers but I can't find the equivalent . I'll put all the numbers soon. Thanks for your help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369115108.962492.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369115140.236605.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369115204.522285.jpg

This might help. The schematic is supposed to be a higher resolution pdf, but when I attached it it turned into a jpg. If you can't use it, let me know I'll try again.

Attachments

• PILOT.jpg
    PILOT.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Scubapro o-rings chart.pdf
    216.1 KB · Views: 408

Thanks for the link. Using a bit of graphic scaling, I'm failry sure the small o-ring is a 2-002.

Using a cliper on the enlarged screen image, I estimated the ID of the small o-ring to be 1.3 mm. Using the same technique on the small red o-ring which is a 2-010, I measured its ID at 7.3mm. The actual ID of a 2-010 is 6.07mm which scales the small o-ring to have an ID of 1.08mm. The actual ID of a 2-002 is 1.07mm so I think we have nailed that tiny SOB.

I saw the list on eBay , problem is that these kits are too old. I bought today all the orings epdm except for the small one Id 1mm width 1.3 ,and the other one is 6 *1.8 , the bigger one is very soft something like duro 50, and I couldn't find it also. for the office I used silicone oring duro70 and also for the pilot valve. It works great. but I must find the small (sob) and the soft one on the valve shaft, I'll put the list with sizes soon.

I measured few of them while rebuilding my converted one last time

Predive switch - 117
Hose plug 010
Orrifice assembly 013
Cap -22

I saw the list on eBay , problem is that these kits are too old. I bought today all the orings epdm except for the small one Id 1mm width 1.3 ,and the other one is 6 *1.8 , the bigger one is very soft something like duro 50, and I couldn't find it also. for the office I used silicone oring duro70 and also for the pilot valve. It works great. but I must find the small (sob) and the soft one on the valve shaft, I'll put the list with sizes soon.

I used the same scaling method to check OD and came up with an estimate of 3.67. A 2-002 is spec'ed with an OD of 3.61 so I am confident it is a 2-002.

What is the nature of the metal seating surface that these two o-ring seat against? I am assuming it is a rather dull "knife edge" which would require a softer material

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom