Scubapro Pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20210405_112417[1].jpg
this rejuvinated Pilot needs to be "downgraded" to original pilot valve. does anyone have the Pilot guts [it has the Air 1 internals]

Attachments

• IMG-20210405-WA0001[1].jpeg
    IMG-20210405-WA0001[1].jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-20210411-WA0008[1].jpeg
    IMG-20210411-WA0008[1].jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-20210411-WA0012[1].jpeg
    IMG-20210411-WA0012[1].jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 88
Finally got around to annotating a schematic with my thoughts as to o-rings.
Criticism welcome (example: I've found duro 50 seems to work better on the poppet bottom than the specified 70. Part #24).

Attachments

• PilotSchematicAnnotated.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Criticism welcome (example: I've found duro 50 seems to work better on the poppet bottom than the specified 70. Part #24).
Thanks Rob, looking forward to receiving your kit and going through the original manual.

Thanks Rob, look forward to receiving your kit and going through the original manual.

When you get yours up and running you should try using both ports from 2 1st stages. If it works as well as it does on the AIR1 the difference is noticeable. I left the AIR1 in pre-dive mode when I tested on land and didn't notice at first! It breathed at least as well as any regulator I've used. When I checked the switch and tried again, WOW! It is like a double hose regulator, that is it feels like your breathing in a room, there's no sense of air rushing into the second stage when you inhale.

Good luck hope it works well for you.

When you get yours up and running you should try using both ports from 2 1st stages. If it works as well as it does on the AIR1 the difference is noticeable. I left the AIR1 in pre-dive mode when I tested on land and didn't notice at first! It breathed at least as well as any regulator I've used. When I checked the switch and tried again, WOW! It is like a double hose regulator, that is it feels like your breathing in a room, there's no sense of air rushing into the second stage when you inhale.

Good luck hope it works well for you.
Thanks i’m going to try that I have a couple of tanks here it’ll be interesting. I’ll let you know how well the Pilot works with dual hoses.

beautiful. I couldn't find the 002 in silicone and or duro50 , also the seat is tricky, I think it came soft to "save" the orfice, but if it's duro 70 epdm , it will be more repeatable and sensitive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom