Scubapro R190 nyloc nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being curious, what is the current cost for 100 of these nuts from McMaster-Carr?

This thread got me thinking I could use a stash of these, perhaps 25 to 50 pieces.
Following Herman's advice, does anyone have extras? Happy to pay a fair price to cover costs plus convenience fee.

I could use a stash of these
Click on the link in my post above your's. They are $6.13 for 50

Just to clarify Herman's advice. Use a non-self locking nut for the test. Once you've confirmed the correct thread pitch-then purchase the self locking nuts from McMaster. This is where you go to Ace or True Value Hardware and try a few brass nuts (brass just in case you've got it wrong) on the poppet stem. Buy a couple of sizes and mark them for your next project-may as well get a Snickers while your there.

I glanced at the link earlier, but managed to overlook the price somehow.
Good advice on how to approach testing before purchase, thanks as always.

Got 50 coming from McMaster-Carr. Tried the ones I got here and they didn`t even come close to fitting. The cost with shipping From McMasters was $12.73. Would be glad to share these as I seriously doubt I`ll ever use even close to that many. As usual, with things like this, the shipping was more than the product.

As usual, with things like this, the shipping was more than the product.
That's why one must make a McMaster Wish list so when the time comes you buy a ton of o-rings, Awap's Magic Punch, seat material, springs for DIY fin spring straps, cinching straps to hang a backplate, etc.

McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr

Ain`t that the truth. It`s tough to weigh the cost effectiveness sometimes. Like tools from Harbor Freight. I have a bunch just sitting around for the situation to present itself for their use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom