ScubaPro Regulator ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

I've gotten different opinions from different people but I'm guess MK8 and 108 based on THIS. These were purchased in 1982.

Yes, that is definitely a 108 and a Mk-8.
The Mk-8 is basically the same as a Mk-5 without the swivel turret.

This is what the timeline says, and in this case I agree with the Scubapro timeline.
Note: there are plenty of other errors that we have verified, but Scubapro have not corrected them.
1979 — 1984
MK8
The MK8 is another alternate version of the MK5. It was on the market from 1979 to 1984. The primary difference from the MK5 is that the MK8 did not have a swivel. It existed in two versions: the first generation had a small yoke, wing nut, one high pressure port and one low pressure port, and the cap had a rounded appearance; the second generation had an S.P.E.C. cap with a flat bottom, four low pressure ports and two high pressure ports.

The second stage is a basic down stream demand valve. A very solid simple design.

Both the first and second stage can be service and they it would make a nice regulator.

VintageDoubleHose.com carries all the service parts and needed documentation for service, or he can service it for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

Some local dive shops are very likely going to say that it is no longer serviceable. You may want to avoid that type of LDS.

I just bought a Hollis 500SE D7 and moved it to my primary. I was going to use my Aeris on my bailout bottle but maybe I should put this one back in use....? Won't be doing any deep dives with it so maybe it doesn't matter but I'll hang on to the SP anyway.

Agree, very nice reg.

The MK 5 (MK 8 in this case) will handle any dives your other regulators can handle. The possible excepting being icing conditions. That is a nice setup. I've converted a couple of my MK 10s to MK 9s, which by eliminating the swivel turret, is the same concept as the 5 to 8.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom