Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbijou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have I missed a thread on Scubapro's new Seawing Nova? Its appearance is certainly different but does anyone have some background information on the development of this new fin and the performance of it in Europe where it appears to be available for purchase?

Thanks,
Steve

its just another "pivot blade design" that people have been trying to rip off for years. Lets see, there has been the Original Pivoting Fin the ForceFin, then Dacor ripped it off the concept with their Tiger fin, then Mares made it better with their Volo Fin, then Aqualung tossed their hat in with the Slingshot, now ScubaPro is trying as well. So far, none have worked as well as the Original.

ImageGen.aspx

You are saying that this.

Is a ripoff of:

original282.jpg

Do I have that right?

I was looking for a new set of fins and found seawing nova. It seems that no one has ever tried it yet, but I'll keep it in my list. At least just out of curiosity:D
Meanwhile, I hope, we can hear from someone who tried it.

Blues, looks like the Gorilla fin they did years ago, but with my up curved wings tips this time.. Hope they solved some of the past with that hinging section that follows how my blades flex. I use internal structure for my variable blade geometry which allows my wing tips to arc inwards reducing drag surfaces. One big difference in my Aquatic fin designs is that I take your FOOT out of your diving experience, or swimming... Want to be a Gorilla? Looks like another Terrestris Fin to me. Force Fin

I'm saying that is one fugly fin!!!! :lotsalove: :rofl3:

ImageGen.aspx

I'm not even going to pretend not to laugh when I see someone wearing those things! :rofl3:

Bob, thanks for the gorilla history, I don't know much about them though. I once dived with a guy who used them but did not talk to him especially about them.
I'm not a gear-obsessed diver but still new gear on the market drives my attention :D Maybe I'm heading in that way, and I'm not aware of it :confused: Or, am I :D

John, is not most of the diving gear "fugly"? :wink: Still this does not keep us from diving in them :D When I first saw the Jets I thought, they were ugly and asked myself why a diver would use them but diving with them changed my perception. As long as my buddy does not use these (anyway my wife would not use them :) I won't see these "fugly" things. So I don't bother :D

A Scuba Pro Rep just gave me a pair to try out today. I will report back tomorrow and let you all know what I think about these and how they perform. I didn't know diving was also a fashion show! I don't think the aquatic life below is going to be talking smack after we leave. It's all about performance.

OK, the verdict. They are comfortable on the ankles, they provide great thrust and I found a site that you can pre-order for $99.99USD. I really enjoyed using these and also want to try their Split-fin (a bit shorter and softer). I actually got a few compliments, so, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I recommend this product.

Last edited:
I wonder if ScubaPro will do a buy back program for anyone still using the old Gorilla fins. Yeah, I still dive them and they work pretty well. And for the record I never have to worry someone will walk off with my fins!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom