ScubaPro Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottg

Reaction score
I recently dove with a couple of guys that had what they said were steel alloy 95cf Scubapro tanks. They were pretty short and fat. I liked the idea of a little extra time and the physical charactoristics. Anyone know where i can get these in MN? There hasn't been much info on the Web about these and my LDS doesn't carry them.

Thank you metridium, but is Faber the brand ( they had ScubaPro very clearly labled on the outside of the tank and the tank was solid white) or the vender that carries them?

Faber is the manufacturer, SP is one of the distributors (but under its own name).

IIRC, the SPs are only available with 200/232 bar valves. If you decide to go with 300 bar valves, you'll have to source elsewhere, or check out Pressed Steel Tanks (PST).

www.pstscuba.com

Originally posted by scottg
Thank you metridium, but is Faber the brand ( they had ScubaPro very clearly labled on the outside of the tank and the tank was solid white) or the vender that carries them?

Faber is the Italian manufacturer. OMS also sells Faber tanks. They have an LP steel 98 called the C98 which appears to be very similar to the Scubapro LP steel 95. Same tank?

http://www.omsdive.com/cyl_spec.html

Wow... Thanks for the good info. I've been keeping an eye open for these for a while. Now to sneak them past my wife....

Faber is the Italian manufacturer. OMS also sells Faber tanks. They have an LP steel 98 called the C98 which appears to be very similar to the Scubapro LP steel 95. Same tank?

Yes, same tank. OMS measures volume at one temperature, Faber at another. I think OMS uses 70F while Faber uses 50F(or maybe it's the other way around). Anyways, the Faber 80 is the OMS 85, Faber 95 is OMS 98, Faber 108 is OMS 112, Faber 120 is OMS 121(but they say it holds 125cuft, go figure). Same tanks, different finish on 'em.

AFAIK, Faber and Pressed Steel are the only manufacturers that sell LP Steel tanks in the US. Anything that is not a PST tank was probably made by Faber, and another company name put on 'em.

Mike

Originally posted by Aviatrr

AFAIK, Faber and Pressed Steel are the only manufacturers that sell LP Steel tanks in the US. Anything that is not a PST tank was probably made by Faber, and another company name put on 'em.
What about Heiser/Seagate and Beuchat?

What about Heiser/Seagate and Beuchat?

Do they currently manufacture tanks for sale in the US? I guess I have never seen LP Steel tanks from either manufacturer. I couldn't say for sure. I do know that there are a couple other manufacturers that make HP steel tanks for sale in the US, such as Genesis......but I don't believe they make LP steel.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom