Scubapro tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am looking for field modification ideas to avoid having to buy Scubapro repair tools to do my own service. I want to do the service on an Air 2 but I would be interested in any ideas related to the subject not just the Air 2.

I did not buy any special tools to service my air2. I believe I used a flat blade screwdriver or two to unscrew the cover the first time. Now I can usually get it with my fingernail. I did make a spacer to fit in the inlet tube with the orifice removed to help assemble the demand valve in the housing. The spacer just pushes and holds the demand valve stem and spring in the housing so the insert, lever, washer, and nyloc nut can be attached. Then I remove the spacer and install the orifice and LP seat. As I recall, I cut the spacer from an old plastic pen.

Generally, you can usually find a work around for most special tools or fashion your own. Your 108 and 109 should be fine with std shop tools. You will probably need a yoke nut socket. I made my own with a dremel tool. Pictures in my gallery. You will need pin spanners to remove the ambient chambers from the 1sts. Again, homemade is possible. I think I started with a cloth strap wrench with a bolt through the material to engage a hole in the cap. You will also need a pin spanner to to engage the 2 holes in the HP seat retainer. I started with a pair of bent nose needle nose pliers that did the job OK. I did buy the bullet tool to insert the piston in the Mk5 without damaging the HP o-ring. But I'm sure a work around for that would not be difficult. You will want a good set on o-ring picks. The HP o-ring in that Mk5 and the o-ring in the LPI connector are 2 of the harder one to get at.

If your trying to service your own gear, you might as well do it right and get the proper tools.
Especially this one for that air 2 Scubapro/Tusa Spider 2

Scuba Tools - Scubapro®

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom