Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The MK10/G250 was one of only 8 regulators that passed the US Navy performance tests in 1987.
You can buy new regs that look more modern or are made of fancy titanium but you won't find many regs that perform better than what you already have.
Parts will be available for the MK10 and the G250 for many years because they are very popular regs.
If you want to upgrade your reg swap out the G250 for a brass cased R156 balanced adjustable or convert a R109 to a R156 balanced adjustable with the internals from your G250. The G250 and R156 are identical internally but the chromed brass case of the R156 looks awesome and helps with dry mouth.
I may be biased though because I really like chromed seconds alot.

I'm pretty sure the difference in the G250 and the G250 Graphite was entirely in the name on the purge button. Many of today's products difffer mostly by their outward apparence.

The MK10/G250 was one of only 8 regulators that passed the US Navy performance tests in 1987.
You can buy new regs that look more modern or are made of fancy titanium but you won't find many regs that perform better than what you already have.
Parts will be available for the MK10 and the G250 for many years because they are very popular regs.
If you want to upgrade your reg swap out the G250 for a brass cased R156 balanced adjustable or convert a R109 to a R156 balanced adjustable with the internals from your G250. The G250 and R156 are identical internally but the chromed brass case of the R156 looks awesome and helps with dry mouth.
I may be biased though because I really like chromed seconds alot.

Thanks for the info! That would be hella cheaper than a new one.

Thanks for the info! That would be hella cheaper than a new one.
You do realize he is suggesting that you move BACKWARDS into gear that is 15 or 20 years older than what you now have, right?

Not entirely true. They made the R156 until at least 1997 hecause that's when I bought mine. I still have the revised parts list and diagram that came with it and it's also dated 1997.

Maybe I am being casual with the dates, but introduction of the metal second stages predated the plastic ones by a good bit, if I remember correctly.

They did but they continued to sell and service them for a long time. I actually got mine in early 1998. They made tons of these so Im not sure if they were still manufacturing them at that time or just selling off old stock.
IMG_20170128_171552.jpg
v

I'm pretty sure the difference in the G250 and the G250 Graphite was entirely in the name on the purge button. Many of today's products difffer mostly by their outward apparence.

Apparently the material used to make the case was a different compound and the case geometry was altered to increase air flow and the weight was slightly reduced. Well that's what SP say anyway. I've both and cannot tell any difference looking at or breathing from them. The graphite did have a much smaller and harder to use Venturi knob, I swapped out mine for the original G250 ones, although only marginally easier to use.

Not entirely true. They made the R156 until at least 1997 hecause that's when I bought mine. I still have the revised parts list and diagram that came with it and it's also dated 1997.

I have a brand new one and it's date stamped 1998, so I'd say at least until 98.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom