Scubapro Website - direct to consumer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandDiversHI

Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like you can now order your scubapro equipment direct from the Scubapro website and have it shipped directly to your home.

This is great for the consumer. Why take that trip into the dive shop? I don't even have to leave my house to get what I already know I want to buy.

Problem: I'm a Scubapro retailer. What is the incentive for me to carry inventory? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this break the essential manufacturer/dealer relationship? I'm posting here in Scubaboard to hear mostly from Scubapro. I'd like to hear the company line on this as I consider how our business will/will not go forward with Scubapro as a partner.

They should have already talked to you about it. They will not answer here. We were told if any purchases in our area come through we would get a kick back on it. Now they did not address how they were going to do this with two SP shops in the area, our shop is a Platinum Dealer the other is not. I think this move may cause a loss of "Platinum Dealers", personally I think they are too restrictive on those dealers anyway, without enough compensation to make it worth their business.

It looks like they're selling for only MSRP, which means you should be able to easily beat their prices by 10%. Also if your shop is worth shopping at, then you should be including some level of customer service that can't be obtained from a website.

It's not like the scubapro stuff isn't already for sale on hundreds (thousands?) of other websites at that price anyway. Actually many other sites offer deep discounts through the so-called grey market.

It looks like you can now order your scubapro equipment direct from the Scubapro website and have it shipped directly to your home.

This is great for the consumer. Why take that trip into the dive shop? I don't even have to leave my house to get what I already know I want to buy.

Problem: I'm a Scubapro retailer. What is the incentive for me to carry inventory? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this break the essential manufacturer/dealer relationship? I'm posting here in Scubaboard to hear mostly from Scubapro. I'd like to hear the company line on this as I consider how our business will/will not go forward with Scubapro as a partner.

I just bought this Scubapro wetsuit today off of Amazon. I was in Bonaire last week and tried on this wetsuit for proper fit, but didn't want to buy there due to luggage issues. So, I got home and bought it off of Amazon with free 2 day Prime delivery. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016Z8AVI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...//... Problem: I'm a Scubapro retailer. What is the incentive for me to carry inventory? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this break the essential manufacturer/dealer relationship? I'm posting here in Scubaboard to hear mostly from Scubapro. ...
I would suggest that you go to the top of this forum and note the dates of all of SP's latest responses to their customers.

Just more Scubapro sales for us.

Beaver Divers Rules!

The prices one their website are much higher than what our local shop charges. For example the G2 package is over $300 what I paid for mine locally so you should have no problem competing with the website. Other manufacturers like Atomic do the same.

Back
Top Bottom