Scubapro's "Wake" Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'd like to hear from people who have used the Scubapro "Wake" fins about what they think of these fins in terms of their durability, performance in openwater (including challenging conditions such as currents), fit and any other feedback please. I have never used them but I am thinking about using them in our scuba training classes for student use (we supply all equipment including MFS) and I need to verify that they are good enough for the purpose. Feedback/Opinions based on firsthand experience are most appreciated please.

https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.com/fins/fins/wake-fin

Well first of all, though they may say Scuba Pro, they are awful similar (read the same thing) to a half dozen other fins that are likely made in the same factory in Taiwan.
Like these CORONADO FINS- PF62 | Product - Genesis Scuba
Edge also sold them.
We've used both through the shop. They are a decent basic OW fin. Slightly stiff, durable, and cheap.
Zeagle also sold them for awhile but I can't remember what they called them.
Foot pockets are a little rigid and they tend to run on the larger side. I normally wear a large in a jet type fin, these the M/L works fine with a US size 9 5mm soft boot.
A L/XL simply flops all over the place.
They do scratch up easily but doesn't affect performance. The bottoms can be a tad slippery on the tile pool bottom when you are standing for a briefing at the surface.
We sell a bunch of them to new students with no complaints as long as they are fitted correctly.

I thought that they were made for various vendors including Genesis Scuba since they looked exactly the same.

Thank you for the information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom