SDHC memory for the DX-1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I purchased my DX-1G, the maximum SDHC size that could be used in the camera was 4GB. Now, the size of SDHC cards has more than doubled that size. My question is, can you use cards with higher memory capabilities in the DX-1G? I was wondering if anyone has successfully used a card above the 4GB level?

Regards,

Bill

According to S&S the answer is no. The 2g does 16 gb and the 1200 does 8 but they still say the 1g is limited to 4. Don't know why
Bill

This is one reason we're upgrading our DX8000G to the DX2G. We really want to be able to use an SDHC card and are looking forward to the write buffer allowing for faster cycling (limited only by the strobe). Not sure about the motion stabilization feature, but it can't hurt. :wink:

Now if Sea&Sea just have a trade-in program....

the motion stabilization feature really works. It is a great feature. Even though Ricoh says that 4GB is the max, I'm wondering if anyone has tried an 8GB card to see if it works. I can't complain about the 4GB since that allows me to take 1000 pics at the highest megapixel setting. I don't normally take 1000 pics on a week's diving. I have 3 4GB cards so I have the capability of taking 3000 pics. That's a lot of pictures! I guess that the higher capacity cards would be great if I was taking video; however, video is not the camera's strength and I don't have an interest in using it for video. If I want to get into video, I will purchase a video camera with a housing.

Regards,

Bill

Yes, i have been using a 8gig sdhc card for 2 years now, never had a problem. I get 422 photo's using raw [10m] and fine jpeg settings, i have never been able to take that many in a days diving. I try and set my systems up so we can get a full day of photo's and now video, without opening the housing, once back in the aircond room i recharge batteries and download, then set up for the next day.
I also agree with the video comment, we are in the middle of our first dive trip with new canon hf200 and wp-v1 housing, i use the dx-1g and my wife takes the video, can't wait to get back and see what i can do editing these together.

Thanks for the info gunsrunner (hmmmmm, interesting name :) ). I will get an 8GB card and that will pretty much last me for a week of diving. I usually take 600-1000 pics in a week (most of which I dump; however, I am getting better). You have the perfect combo, wife takes video and you take stills. That would be great! I was at the Wash DC dive show last week and picked up a DVD on Wakatobi dive resort. The video was taken in HD and showed a combo of both video interspersed with still photos. It was absolutely fantastic, I want to watch it every day it's so good. So, combining video with stills can make for a really dynamic presentation.

...The 2g does 16 gb...

NICE!! I purchased the 2G early this summer, but unfortunately haven't been able to get it wet yet...gonna have to get me a couple of 'dem 16GB'ers before the next trip.

Back
Top Bottom