SDI online training profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasonb751

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just finished and got my c-card for computer nitrox. One thing that I didn't like is I couldn't log into my profile that I originally created for my open water and continue with other courses. I had to start a new profile with new username and password. I would like to pursue other courses, but it would be great to be able to log into my profile and continue with other courses. I don't think you should have to start a new profile every time. I just might run out of usernames, lol.

Also, after each course will I get a new cert number like I did with nitrox? Couldn't the certification numbers be the same?

SDI/TDI is currently working on to upgrade our system. When this upgrade is complete, all courses will be associated with the one person under one account. You will be able to go in and set up a profile and all courses you elect to take will fall under that one account. While you will have a user number or member number, certification numbers are always generated as a new number, this is how SDI/TDI keeps track of them.
Hopefully this answers your questions, if not let me know.

Thank you, and yes that does answer my questions. I have fallen in love with diving and do want to pursue more training, and log many more dives. Hopefully by the time I am ready to pursue more courses the site will be updated.

I have half a dozen or so SDI certifications and as many different cards and different numbers. And for those classes that I took online, I have different logins to the the SDI website as well. The whole system is not very well thought through - and reading that this is "how <we - SDI> keep track of certifications" is not encouraging at all.

There is no reason why you can't have a single diver number that then is matched to the different certifications - and that allows an SDI diver to have ONE card that shows all of the different certifications that he or she has completed.

I will start my first TDI classes this week and that will just add to the mess.

Rather frustrating and disappointing, to be honest.

dirkhh

I agree with you on the single number with all certs associated with it. This is a problem in all agencies.

One card with all certs would be ideal. Just like they do with pilot licenses.

As a programmer and database application designer for the past more years than I want to say, this is an easy process to track. Much easier than the current systems employed by the agencies I have been exposed to.

Now to add to my questions. I just had three friends sign up for the OW certification. The new website is looking good, but are you going to migrate the people that used the old website to the new website?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom