SDI/TDI Dive Master program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took a SSI stress and rescue class in 2008 . I want to do the dive master program through SDI/TDI . Most of my training has been through SDI/TDI .I know that most dive agency's accept other agency's cards. I need to know if SSI stress and rescue is acceptable for SDI/TDI rescue class for dive master program?

Yes, the SSI stress and rescue should fulfill the pre-requisite.
 ​
3.5 Student Prerequisites
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Minimum age 18
2. Certified SDI Advanced Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
3. Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
4. Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider*, where local law permits
5. Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Note[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]: SDI CPROX, CPR1st or CPROX1stAED courses may be combined with the SDI Divemaster
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thank you for the quick reply. I am signed up to take the CPR O2 provider next month and meet all the other requirements . Cant wait to get started on Dive master!

As previously mentioned, the SSI course is accepted. I would also mention that my instructor asked me to take or assist in several of his courses (including rescue) to both get a better feel for the instruction style of the shop and as experience with students.

Thank you for the post . I will have to assist in some classes. I'm taking the instructor assistant class too.

I finished my SDI DM in August 2011. I start the IDC/IEC courses in a week. My rescue class was with NAUI and it was accepted by SDI.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom