SDI/TDI Prerequisites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scadreau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have clicked through the website but cannot find prereqs for any of the courses.

In particular, I was looking for the prereqs for the Tech course circuit. (Adv N, Deco, Ext Range, Trimix and Adv Trimix)

TIA,

Scott

I have clicked through the website but cannot find prereqs for any of the courses.

In particular, I was looking for the prereqs for the Tech course circuit. (Adv N, Deco, Ext Range, Trimix and Adv Trimix)

You can work backwords - either Trimix or Extended Range is the prereq for Advanced Trimix. The two courses are essentially the same, one just has added Helium.

Both Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures are required for ER and Trimix.

You can do Decompression Procedures with any AOW style certification, you do not need to do Advanced Nitrox. But the course is limited in the gasses you can use if only qualified to dive air or recreational nitrox.

Advanced Nitrox has a prereq of basic Nitrox.

Advanced Nitrox:
1. Minimum age 15
2. Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver, or equivalent
3. Show proof of 25 logged open water dives
4. If this course is taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course, the minimum age is 18

Deco:
1. Minimum age 18
2. Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Diver, Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent
3. Provide proof of 25 logged open water dives

Extended Range:
1. Minimum age 18
2. Certified as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and TDI Decompression Procedures Diver, or equivalents
3. Provide proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which 25 must be deeper than 30 metres / 100 feet

Trimix:
1. Minimum age 18
2. Minimum certification as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and TDI Decompression Procedures Diver (or equivalent)
3. Provide proof of a minimum 100 logged dives

Advanced Trimix:
1. Minimum age 18
2. Minimum certification TDI Extended Range Diver or Entry Level Trimix Diver, or equivalent
3. Provide proof of a minimum 100 logged dives with 25 deeper than 30 metres / 100 feet
4. Provide proof of prior logged experience w/ double cylinders and any other unfamiliar equipment such as dry suit

Back
Top Bottom