SE FL Tek Diving Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot

Contributor
Reaction score
I've talked to a local dive shop about booking their boat every other Tuesday morning at 8:00am to do a single decompression dive on deep wrecks in the area. The boat would be able to reach any site in the Miami/Lauderdale area. I have a few interested people word of mouth, but I'm checking here to see if there are any other interested divers.

Depths would be 130 to 200+ on a prescheduled basis. We would need 4 divers per trip to make it happen. Cost would most likely be @ $50. If you are considering training in tech certs, I'm talking to them about bringing in instructors to do group rates. ie trimix

Let me know if you live in the area and are interested.

If you are a GUE, IANTD, TDI, or PADI instructor, and you would be interested in providing instruction on these dives, give me a PM.

God willing and the creek don't rise, this time, I'll be there.

ScubaDadMiami:
Do you have a web page for your boat? Please provide more information. Are you leaving from Haulover?

Thanks.

I'll answer this question in the thread.

I'm still working out details with the shop(s). I'm actually talking with more than one shop in case one decides not to participate. Once I get a commitment from a shop, I'll post all the details that end up being arranged. Right now, the boats I'm talking to would leave from either Miami or Haulover. I'm doing an informal survey to see if there is any interest and whether Tuesdays work. Tuesdays are a light day for most boats, so it's easier to get cooperation from the shops. I'm only looking at boats that can handle tech gear and have a DM that is tech certified/ experienced. I'm only looking at shops that have space available to handle training. And, I'm only looking at shops that have dealership agreements with tech gear manufacturers. I'll post more info as it gets arranged.

Hope this helps.

I'm working up a list of wrecks. Miami and Lauderdale have some great wrecks in deaper waters. One of my favorites is the Jupiter Star which sits in 165' on it's side. It's a big ship with lot's of penetration potential. I'm just starting to get inside her. It makes a great training wreck, as the deco obligation doesn't have to be all that long. As for others, Deep Tenneco (185), Guy Harvey (145), Miller Lite (165), Hydro Atlantic (172), Renegade (190), Skye Cliffe (200), Lowance (210), Johnny Morris (210), Tracor Dry Dock (220), Corey Chris and Ron Johnson (260), and the Bill Boyd (265).

mempilot:
IOne of my favorites is the Jupiter Star which sits in 165' on it's side.

It so happens we are doing the Jupitrer Star Wreck this
Saturday, June 12 departing Sealine Marina in Miami at
1 pm. Regular cost is $65. Our group $50.
The Nautilus is a doubles, scooter, rebreather, techie
and DECO-friendly vessel. Dive your own profile (easy
on us, RB users). Very limited spaces still available.
PM me for info or reservations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom