Sea and sea YS60 strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

morg58

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I have just resurected my film set up for a special project, however I am wondering if anyone knows if I can get a fibre optic attachment for the 4 pin connector with my digital set up?

Regards

Actually, there is a solution. The problem is the YS-60 has no optical sensor, so it can't mimic your camera's strobe without some help.

A German company, Heinrichs Weikamp, makes a "Digital Adapter" that you velcro on your housing over the strobe. It then generates the signals for the Sea&Sea strobe to mimic your on camera flash. You must get the version for Sea&Sea, not Nikonos. Contact Reef Photo for advice and ordering. Be aware that the YS-60 is not fast enough for some digital cameras. Check the compatibility list on the HW site for your camera and strobe before you buy the Digital Adapter, and confirm with Reef.

Heinrichs-Weikamp Optical Digital Adapter for Sea & Sea 4 pin [hw.da.o.s] - $159.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros.

HW

The HW adapter works like a charm with the ys-60. This combination mimics TTL and the preflash of my Nikon P5000's internal flash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom