Sea Elite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f&rdiver241:
Any comments on sea elite tec and expedition bc's......

When I was in the process of updating my dive gear 2 years ago, I almost bought one of the Expedition BC's. I happened to stop in one of the shops in Florida and looked at them. Since I was traveling for a few more days and flying, I decided, oh what the heck, I can order by catalog and have it shipped. A couple days later, I happened upon a Dacor Rig Pro BC and started to look at the overall quality of the 2 and only then did I understand how the Sea Elite was so affordable. In addition, I realized that I did not like the layout of the Expedition for mounting anything.

Just my $.02, PSD is not the place to be trying to cut corners. Perhaps they are local to you and offer the Sea Elite brand at very affordable prices. I suggest staying with a major manufacturer for reasons of quality, features, spare parts, repairs, and service. I know you specifically asked about their BC's, but all dive gear is life support equipment and should be treated as such.

Dan

I haven't seen one but looking at the specs I'd say it would be a good rec bc but I'd question it for heavy PSD use.

Gary D.

I've used a few Sea Elite BC's over the years and never had a problem with them. Better quality than some of the "main name brands".

I've seen the same BC's they sell on dive boats with other label/names on them also. Most of these BC's, regardless of name are made by some job shop in Tawain or china regardless. Chances are it's a copy of an existing "big name brand" also.

for PSD diving you might want something a little heavier duty, although I'm told our local PSD divers use Sea Elite stuff. (not confirmed though).

you'll find a lot of LDS's bad mouth Sea Elite, but that's because they have to compete against it. You'll find that a lot of LDS's will bad mouth any gear they don't sell for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom