"Sea Hunt"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just watched "Underwater Station". It's where the 3 missile scientist were abducted and they find one of scientist in an underwater bell. Mike NElson gives the guy his aqua lung and stays behind to mess with the kidnappers. He definately cuts the right hose. They goofed though and showed the diver with intact hoses in a short scene after that. Probably bad editing.

Considering they filmed all 150+episodes in about 3 years, I'm amazed they were able to pull off the stunts as well as they did.

I loved watching it as a kid, and when I did my DM course, we got to watch them again. I like how Mike Nelson always had the "girl" diver who was capable and helped him get out of a jam.

Check out local tv listing This tv.
All are remastered and have shown the entire episoeds at least five times.

This tv.com

154.jpgfound these fake pieces of eight where they used to film some episodes of SEA HUNT

It's a damn good thing that no dyslexics ever made through "enemy" diver training.

That's what I liked about the James Bond Thunderball movie with Sean Connery...they cut the intake hose! But it was the "good guys" doing the cutting.

SeaRat

I just got into the Sea Hunt series and find I would rather spend my evenings watching reruns on my laptop then watch current TV!!! And I have to give a 'bump' to HULU. No subscription needed and I am on episode 22 and still going, so I believe they might have the entire series on there (at least I hope!!!)!

I just got into the Sea Hunt series and find I would rather spend my evenings watching reruns on my laptop then watch current TV!!! And I have to give a 'bump' to HULU. No subscription needed and I am on episode 22 and still going, so I believe they might have the entire series on there (at least I hope!!!)!

I understand your disdain for modern television. Mike Nelson! What a role model for the young men of those days. Solid and fit, smart yet simple, adventurist , nobody's fool, and very humble...not a loud-mouth or know-it-all. Today's world could uses more role models like Mike Nelson.

There were two divers from Washington state that also helped as stunt double and animal wrangler, both for Sea Hunt and Namu The Killer Whale. They also were part of the dive team that helped Ted Griffin to bring Namu from Canada to the Seattle Aquarium. Gary Keffler and Dale Dean were co-owners of Underwater Sports from the late 50's until about 64, when Dean sold his interest to the business to Keffler. Keffler is now retired but still does speaking appearances at the dive shop. He still owns the business and his children and grandchildren now run it. Dean went into sales and them built a salmon fishing boat that he ran out of Westport for years and then sailed to Hawaii he and his wife lived until he retired. They now live in Las Vegas.

I know they were only two of the profession scuba divers, but not actors who worked in the water for several films. Just thought their contribution should be acknowledged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom