Sea Kittens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Å´ave the Sea Kittens is aimed at average Americans It doesnÃÕ apply to Native or rural Alaskan communities?
We are always against killing, exploiting or abusing animals in any way.
We encourage absolutely everyone to make compassionate choices when they can. I think that in the 21st century, most of us are in the position to choose not to cause pain to an animal when weÃÓe deciding what to eat.
-B

So euthenasia of thousands of animals each year under their care is not killing, exploiting or abusing?

Michelle Malkin PETA kills animals

I have often wondered that. Why does PETA pick on a lonely fisherman surfcasting on a quiet evening releasing all his fish (both of them) and say nothing of the bunker boat who is steaming in with several tons of "bio mass" in the hold.

Soft target...

I've had a quick look at Sea Kittens. It's odd, almost delusional. Energy could have been invested in existing programs that foster objective information about sustainable fisheries without the phony moniker which obfuscates. Then again, it is PETA.

X

Sorry, haven't read through the entire post but I had always understood that the "sea kittens" thing was tongue in cheek. Everyone gets very worked up about a few dead dolphin so we all label our tuna cans as "dolphin safe". However, the oceanic tuna population is down 94% from the 1970s. But nobody worries about dead tuna because they are not "cute". The "sea kittens" proposal was just an attempt to point out the hypocrisy.

Hunters are some of the biggest environmentalists.

Yeah, just like logging and coal mining companies are "environmentalists."

I think the word "oxymoron" comes to mind.

:shakehead:
....... do you even know any hunters ?

I don't know any hunters that do not care about the well being of the land, and the animals they hunt ... Hunters are more conservation minded that you give credit for .. and they put their money for it too, where do you think the license money goes anyway

Not everyone agrees that you have a right to torture a living animal by spearing it with an arrow and then dragging it around until it eventually dies.

Yes, I am a vegan and not a hypocrite.

I am a vegetarian not vegan.... cause I like my cheese n' eggs but I don't really agree that people should be barred from spearing fish. I won't take part in it in any way but spear fishermen are really not the problem. Commercial fishing does sooo much more damage to the marine environment in one year than spear fishermen will ever do. I do however HATE when I see inexperienced fisherman blatantly killing juvenile and/or protected fish "which I have experienced on more then one occasion". I have however talked to many fisherman who will never eat a commercially caught fish and I applaud them for taking such effort for the benefit of the world marine environment.

Something doesn't have to be warm and fuzzy and cute to be worth preserving. Life in ALL of its forms is fascinating and amazing... and the "Sea Kittens" bit objectifies sea life in a way that it is held up for scorn.

Can't agree with you more Sabbath! This campaign just gets me hungry for some land fish! Mmmmm.. Mmmmm.. Good:D
noekula-kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Stealing a hunting dog? That sounds like a real good way to get shot to me. Those dogs are extremely valuable and the people who often own them can't afford to easily replace them.

That was the only link I can find, and I've searched, but there were documented cases of PETA employees grabbing dogs and cats from yards in the area around their HQ, and euthanizing them at their shelter.

there were documented cases of PETA employees grabbing dogs and cats from yards in the area around their HQ, and euthanizing them at their shelter.
hmmmm.... PETA stealing dogs and cats from their owners? hmmmm..... I'm no PETA endorser and there's plenty of credible stuff to bash them on.... but that sounds off to me....:no:

Ever heard of "Ducks Unlimited"? One of the largest groups dedicated to the preservation of wetlands and the waterfowl that inhabit them.

Founded by -get this- DUCK HUNTERS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom